• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Glen Chapple in danger of getting the Gareth Batty Thanks For Coming Award for doing nothing in the match - no bowling, no batting.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Scaly piscine said:
Those 6 penalty runs Surrey gave away for slow over rate have really made a difference.
They could be decisive - the difference between 9 off the last over and 15 is more than just 6 runs.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Mahmood smashes one off the back foot over long-off (!) for 6 - 56 needed off 24 balls.

Chapple now doing something - bowling.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
36 needed off the last two overs - this wiould be a miracle if they manage it. Two sixes this over makes things very interesting.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
28 needed off the last over - they've done well to push Lancs this far, so there's no shame in losing by 20-odd runs.

Except for Ramps, who ran out the man on whose shoulders his team's chances of winning rested. There's shame for him.

Murtagh bowled by Cork.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Somerset v Leicestershire now - predictions, people?

I'm going for Somerset, seeing as they're batting first - I think they'll post a big total, upwards of 170-180, and then their bowlers will just about do enough. Their batting is very, very strong, with some aggressive, talented players in this form of the game - a top five of Smith, Wood, Trescothick, Blackwell, Hildreth is as dangerous as any bar Lancashire's.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
On an unrelated subject, check this out - I was looking through some of the 2nd XI Championship games this season, and look who replaced Jim Troughton in Warwickshire's 2nds when he was called up to play for the 1sts midway through a game.......imagine if you were playing for the opposition and you suddenly find yourself facing this guy having not thought he was playing!

http://live.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE...2ND-XI_GLOUCS-2ND-XI_CC-2ND_08-10JUN2005.html

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Barney Rubble said:
Somerset v Leicestershire now - predictions, people?

I'm going for Somerset, seeing as they're batting first - I think they'll post a big total, upwards of 170-180, and then their bowlers will just about do enough. Their batting is very, very strong, with some aggressive, talented players in this form of the game - a top five of Smith, Wood, Trescothick, Blackwell, Hildreth is as dangerous as any bar Lancashire's.
It's very tough to call, it's prima donna playboys (Somerset) against a bunch of well drilled unknowns (Leicestershire) really.