• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like a couple of exciting finishes around an about.

Lancs drew with Northants, 188/8 chasing 252, Chilton scoring 113*

Notts 261 chasing 276, Tremlett with 5/80

elsewhere there were bore draws at Sussex, Surrey, Durham and Essex.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
What a stunner from Hampshire! I checked the score at one point to see Notts needing 25 to win with 6 wickets remaining, then Warne got Read, and 8 runs later Tremlett picked up Hussey, Ealham, Swann and Smith in the space of 3 runs, and Warne finished it off by getting Sidebottom.

What a season Tremlett is having to date!

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
Looks like a couple of exciting finishes around an about.

Lancs drew with Northants, 188/8 chasing 252, Chilton scoring 113*

Notts 261 chasing 276, Tremlett with 5/80

elsewhere there were bore draws at Sussex, Surrey, Durham and Essex.
chilton saved us dave, without his innings we could have lost

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:
Hampshire 12 points clear at the top of div 1 now. :)
Yes its superb i am now hoping they will give England a good test next weekend. I think pieterson should bat for both sides but i fear he will play for England

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
kendall said:
Yes its superb i am now hoping they will give England a good test next weekend. I think pieterson should bat for both sides but i fear he will play for England
He may play for Hampshire though if it meant giving another player practice in his place of the England team.

Langeveldt

Soutie
superkingdave said:
Probably, but it must be a happy first game for him. First 2 Saffie Kolpaks combine to add 119 with one scoring a ton and the other a fifty, then he gets a combined 19 runs with one of the dismissals to a 3rd Saffie Kolpak
I don't really care how we do against South Africa A.. Lets hope Graham doesnt either..

In fact, I'm far more concerned that Somerset maintain a side that can at least play for their country, than one full of South Africans/Zimbos/Aussies who win... And Leicestershire have done sod all this year anyway..

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
FaaipDeOiad said:
Hampshire 12 points clear at the top of div 1 now. :)
I would rather they win then Notts because I know that in a few weeks time their challenge will be floundering.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I think we can safely say, that Ervine`s stunning catch was the thing that started it all for Hampshire. :ph34r:

Warne is turning out to be a vauable player in many, many areas of the game.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
shame he got out and they collapsed and lost :p

btw Tremlett actually got a Hattrick, though they were 3 average balls, and Crawley took 5 catches and a stumping as stand in wicketkeeper.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
A hat-trick? Really? Funny that it wasn't mentioned in the match reports or anything. :(

Great season for Tremlett, equal leader with Warne on 35 FC wickets for the season to date, and averaging just 19.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
the first one was a top edged hook to the deep, then the next two were leg side bouncers gloved/edged to the keeper - good takes by Crawley though. The were going mental when warne got the last next over