• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Ah, I know where you mean. I'll come round and say hi next time I'm there. :D

Nice shot of Blackwell - although it could have been from any one of about three or four times that he middled that shot! He must have one hell of a heavy bat, given how far it was flying, and how he always seemed to connect properly - I'm sure at least one of those sixes must have come off the toe, there was one off one of Kirtley's full tosses that only just made it, and didn't look or sound like he connected right.

Oh, to be able to toe-end it for six.....I've never hit a six in a match, even off the middle! :(

Langeveldt

Soutie
I've hit a few, but what was most impressive was the bat speed. Amazing! . Mind you, they did bowl rubbish at him!

I have a black camera, silver tripod and long black lens and usually wear a bok rugby jersey if you need help picking me out.. :)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
hampshire rained off today :( no play which is a bit crap, rain doesnt look like letting up tomo either.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
rain also here in Manchester and presently its still falling at approximately 9:55 pm, and weather forecast is rain here for the rest of the week so things not looking too bright for Lanchashire

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
yeah, staring out the window today at work you could tell by half 8 that there would be no play today, and its meant to be June. The amount of rain thats fallen aswell you'd reckon the ground would be pretty wet so even if it doesn't rain all tommorow i cant really see any play. our best hope is to get enough cricket in to score 400 and bowl them out to get full bonus points. Shame because it was absolutely gorgeous yesterday and for most of the weekend

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
yeah dave where did all this rain come from, i had a rival cricket game in school planned today and the rain is just f**ked us up :dry: , but lets hope we get some sunshine tomoro so that Lanchashire can have a chance to get something out of this game

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Ian Fisher.

Personally I reckon the guy is a legend, great to see him playing for Gloucs. Already batted well, I hope he gets a few wickets. He hasn`t gotten much of a bowl in his last few.

Chubb

International Regular
Barney Rubble said:
It was - I was there. Ten fours, ten MASSIVE sixes, and a boatload of entertainment. Sussex made the mistake of bringing back Mushtaq Ahmed for his last over just after Blackwell struck his fourth six - the next over went 6, 6, 6, 1, 1, 6! We all thought he was on for a Sobers after the third one! Adams put four men on the leg side boundary between long-on and deep forward square leg after the second one, and Blackwell still took them on and cleared them. He then smacked two Kirtley full-tosses over the same fence, one of which was lost in the nearby Churchyard, I think. That was his third lost ball of the day.

Somerset's bowlers (mostly the shocking Gareth Andrew and Michael Parsons) proceeded to throw it away - Matt Prior hit an impressive 77 off 53 balls, Chris Adams stroked 59, and Johannes van der Wath hit 73* off 43 balls to win the match, having been joined by Jason Lewry at 195-8 with 9.4 overs left. They succeeded in scoring the ten an over they needed thanks to him, and thanks to some generous fielding (three chances missed completely and one dropped) they snuck home with a ball to spare.
I was at the match too. Trouble was I had to get my lift back home at 6.30 so I didn't see Van Der Wath's innings. Blackwell was amazing but I was shocked at how poor Somerset's bowling was. I saw Gareth Andrew bowl at a benefit match for Keith Parsons at Upottery last year and he didn't do brilliantly but I never thought he was as bad as that at county level. Isn't M. Parsons an England U19?
The cloud was much thicker over the border hills in Devon so I didn't take a hat or suncream and got badly sunburned. I am glad I went though because all three times I've been to Taunton something special has happened;

2003 Zimbabwe beat Somerset by three runs
April 2005 Andre Adams takes a hatrick
And now this brilliant match. Better than anything I've seen at Chelmsford.

I wanted to go and see the Raymeister playing for Worcestershire but that match is up in Bath so I don't know if I'll be back in Taunton again.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Nnanden said:
Ian Fisher.

Personally I reckon the guy is a legend, great to see him playing for Gloucs. Already batted well, I hope he gets a few wickets. He hasn`t gotten much of a bowl in his last few.
He takes a catch!

Make him Prime Minister.

shaka

International Regular
I see that Ray Price has taken a wicket, and Vaas has 2-16 off 10. If only Vaas could do that more often in test matches at that rate

Chubb

International Regular
Langeveldt's camera is better than mine for sure and he gets more action shots but I did get this one of Carl Hopkinson.

Attachments

Langeveldt

Soutie
Nice pics chubb.. So we had four cricketwebbers at that match!

If you had panned to the left a bit, you would have seen me in the shot! (Missing Blackwell saluting the crowd :( )

Chubb

International Regular
Is this you by any chance, in the background centre right by the stand? It's incredible to think you, me and Barney could have walked right passed each other and wouldn't have known it.

Attachments

Last edited: