• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season 2006

Nuts

Cricket Spectator
DanielFullard said:
Your boys are the first team to visit Chester-le-Street this season. Should be an interesting game. Any chance you will be going?

Ill try and be unbiased as I can when I tell you about the match. Maybe you can tell me a bit more about the Lancs players I have to watch out for other than those listed about.

Infact, in the 2nd or 3rd week of the season Durham come down to old Trafford to play Lancs in the CGT North and you lot are our first home 20/20 opponents of the season
hmmm, there won't be anyone new for you to look out for other than Sutton and possibly a young bowler. Mark Chilton & Iain Sutcliffe will open, Loye & Law will be in there and will hopefully both be in the runs again. Loye had another great season last year. Not really too sure about the rest. Sutton will keep wicket but there's a young lad called Gareth Cross who got a few runs late in the season who is 'one for the future' with the gloves. Cork and Chapple will probably be our most experienced seam bowlers and Gary Keedy will be also be around. Jimmy Anderson had a good year last year, so if he can build on that and force his way back into the international team, that would be excellent.

doubt i'll be able to get up to Durham though. Could be OT games only until July/August time. :wacko:

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Neil Pickup said:
No-one likes Yorkshire or Yorkshire Supporters.
PY said:
Amen brother. :cool2:
steds said:
Booo! Hiss! In the words of Keith Murray (well, almost. I had to change one word) "Go on, get gone!"
superkingdave said:
Good to see plenty of Yorkshi*e bashing in this thread, lets hope we can celebrate their relegation this year.
Ye Gods! :huh: I may very well have to go into hiding; this is as bad as what a Collingwood supporter gets!
Mind you, we do have a squad of Kruis, Hoggard, Lumb, McGrath, Vaughan, White, Gillespie and Lehmann... so I just hope we make you fellas eat your words!**

**On the off chance that that doesn't happen, I never made this post and/or supported Yorkshire.

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
Nuts said:
hmmm, there won't be anyone new for you to look out for other than Sutton and possibly a young bowler. Mark Chilton & Iain Sutcliffe will open, Loye & Law will be in there and will hopefully both be in the runs again. Loye had another great season last year. Not really too sure about the rest. Sutton will keep wicket but there's a young lad called Gareth Cross who got a few runs late in the season who is 'one for the future' with the gloves. Cork and Chapple will probably be our most experienced seam bowlers and Gary Keedy will be also be around. Jimmy Anderson had a good year last year, so if he can build on that and force his way back into the international team, that would be excellent.

doubt i'll be able to get up to Durham though. Could be OT games only until July/August time. :wacko:
Ok then. Im not sure what sort of team Durham will have out for that match.

Autobahn

State 12th Man
chooka_nick said:
Ye Gods! :huh: I may very well have to go into hiding; this is as bad as what a Collingwood supporter gets!
Mind you, we do have a squad of Kruis, Hoggard, Lumb, McGrath, Vaughan, White, Gillespie and Lehmann... so I just hope we make you fellas eat your words!**

**On the off chance that that doesn't happen, I never made this post and/or supported Yorkshire.
Vaughan and Hoggard won't be around for very long with the busy summer, plus that's assuming that Vaughan is injury-free in the first place, White hasn't been bowling spells of any length for a couple of years now.

I can't see Mcgrath taking many wickets in the four-day game, so with the pitch never offering much for lawson or dawson, it will be up to the trio of Bresnan, Kruis and Gillespie to perfrom and if one of them loses form Yorkshire will struggle to take wickets.

But then again they might unearth a new Gough :ph34r:

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
Just find out Durham are playing Scotland in a friendly on the 13th and 14th of April, not sure if its two one day games or some sort of special two-day match, so my cricket season starts 2 weeks earlier than I had thought!

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Autobahn said:
Vaughan and Hoggard won't be around for very long with the busy summer, plus that's assuming that Vaughan is injury-free in the first place, White hasn't been bowling spells of any length for a couple of years now.

I can't see Mcgrath taking many wickets in the four-day game, so with the pitch never offering much for lawson or dawson, it will be up to the trio of Bresnan, Kruis and Gillespie to perfrom and if one of them loses form Yorkshire will struggle to take wickets.

But then again they might unearth a new Gough :ph34r:
Yeah, an accurate description. We will be relying on the pacemen, and dw, I wasnt talking about White or McGrath's bowling :D Hopefully big seasons for Lumb/Lehmann/White/McGrath in the batting.
We seem to have a pretty average team this year. Maybe bolstering the bowling with Blain could work?

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
chooka_nick said:
Yeah, an accurate description. We will be relying on the pacemen, and dw, I wasnt talking about White or McGrath's bowling :D Hopefully big seasons for Lumb/Lehmann/White/McGrath in the batting.
We seem to have a pretty average team this year. Maybe bolstering the bowling with Blain could work?
Sounding a bit desperate at the end there... a few years ago Yorkshire had a seam battery of Gough, Silverwood, Sidebottom, White, Hamilton.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
superkingdave said:
blain? :lol: :rofl:
Meh, last I knew he was actually bowling okay for Scotland. We just need the Blain from two years ago, not the abbysmal one from last year.
Jungle Jumbo said:
Sounding a bit desperate at the end there... a few years ago Yorkshire had a seam battery of Gough, Silverwood, Sidebottom, White, Hamilton.
Yeah, tell me about it. :sleep:

Autobahn

State 12th Man
Jungle Jumbo said:
Well Hamilton got the yips and moved to Durham, Gough moved to essex, sidebottom to Notts, Sliverwood to Middlesex and White did his arm in.

They just keep letting these people slip through their fingers.:laugh:

Timewell

U19 Debutant
***Official*** English Domestic Season 2006

Well we're officially two weeks from the start of the domestic season in England! It has been a long summer this time round, with a poor series in Pakistan and, what looks like could be, a poor OD series in India. Roll on the summer! The actual County Championship kicks off on 18th April with the new look C+G Trophy starting shortly after. It promises to be an action-packed summer of cricket this year - although I hope they haven't ruined Twenty20 with their endless (or not so) additions.

Hoping for a good season with Warwickshire this year - perhaps we can win a trophy and avoid a relegation dog-fight in the Championship (well it's not too much to ask!!!).

Roll on April 18th!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe i will follow county cricket a bit more this season, how many Lankans playing this season. Not too many i guess as we are touring England.