• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season 2006

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
im rather dubious at hampshires selection of dominic thornley as their overseas player, i saw him play against hants for surrey last season and remember him being distinctly unimpressive, like a toned down paul collingwood i thought at the time, anyone care to remedy my concerns ?

Anna

International Vice-Captain
I'm not too thrilled about Somerset signing Dan Cullen.....Cameron White maybe but Wes Durston is just as good if not better than Cullen & I think it's a bit harsh on the local lad....anyway, we shall see!

Nuts

Cricket Spectator
Looking forward to the start of Lancashire's season. Should be an interesting year. Not as many stars (or even Lancastrians) as there once was but hopefully a few more youngsters can come through the ranks and push for a regular place. Doesn't look like Freddie, Jimmy or Saj will be around much, especially early season. That might give a couple of players like Hogg, Newby & Cross the chance to shine. Luke Sutton is a great signing.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Nuts said:
Looking forward to the start of Lancashire's season. Should be an interesting year. Not as many stars (or even Lancastrians) as there once was but hopefully a few more youngsters can come through the ranks and push for a regular place. Doesn't look like Freddie, Jimmy or Saj will be around much, especially early season. That might give a couple of players like Hogg, Newby & Cross the chance to shine. Luke Sutton is a great signing.
who our overseas signing i heard symonds isn't coming back

Timewell

U19 Debutant
If I were England, I'd let Mahmood play for Lancashire. Maybe not Anderson because I still think that he could become a decent Test bowler for England. I can't think of any Sri Lankans off the top of my head. Is it me or has there been an influx of "average" Aussies this term!? Fortunately, Warwickshire signed Vettori, though I would like us to get another opener to replace Nick Knight..

Anna

Timewell said:
If I were England, I'd let Mahmood play for Lancashire. Maybe not Anderson because I still think that he could become a decent Test bowler for England. I can't think of any Sri Lankans off the top of my head. Is it me or has there been an influx of "average" Aussies this term!? Fortunately, Warwickshire signed Vettori, though I would like us to get another opener to replace Nick Knight..
Yeah, I'm looking forward to watching Vettori at Edgbaston...do you know how long he's there for?

Timewell

U19 Debutant
I did start another thread because I didn't notice this one. Ah well - **** happens! Only two weeks left now! Come on YOU BEARS! Streak and Vettori at Edgbaston, with the occasional cameo from Gilo and Bell. Hopefully, Troughton really gets his form on this year too!

Langeveldt

Soutie
Somerset replacing a bunch of mediocre Englishmen with some mediocre foreigners... Should be a thrilling advertisment for cricket..

Oh well, at least I can get in for free and take photos, thats all that matters to me these days!

open365

Nuts said:
Cross' chance to play this up-coming season = 0

I can't believe it's only two weeks till it starts, this winter has been horrible.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Bracken has decided he does not want to come to worcester which is a shame but we have got Zaheer Khan who is an excellent bowler and should be in the Indian National team but there loss is our gain

Hampshire will win the CC this year..... with Kent going down. The rest of my predictions will be on here very very soon

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Since when has Zaheer been an "excellent" bowler then Chris?

Since he signed for Worcestershire would be my bet.

Timewell

U19 Debutant
marc71178 said:
Since when has Zaheer been an "excellent" bowler then Chris?

Since he signed for Worcestershire would be my bet.
Hehe...I'd say Zaheer was a slightly above-average County bowler. He has bowled well a couple of times for India - but he's not excellent!

luckyeddie said:
Gentleman, scholar and cheat.
Eh?!

Autobahn

State 12th Man
Timewell said:
Hehe...I'd say Zaheer was a slightly above-average County bowler. He has bowled well a couple of times for India - but he's not excellent!
Well it's hard to tell what his current first-class form is because he hasn't played many games

Timewell said:
Well i remember he claimed a catch playing for lecis against derby, while dominic cork claimed he had stepped on the boundary rope, and Corky got into a lot of hot water over it.

Can't remember the year but i think it might have been in the limited-overs league.

Timewell

U19 Debutant
Ah yes...I remember that catch. Wasn't it in Twenty20 or was it a National League game. It seems like Glenn McGrath is interested in playing County cricket...now begs the question who for! Glamorgan are looking for a second, as are Lancashire.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Timewell said:
Ah yes...I remember that catch. Wasn't it in Twenty20 or was it a National League game. It seems like Glenn McGrath is interested in playing County cricket...now begs the question who for! Glamorgan are looking for a second, as are Lancashire.
Middlesex? The fact that Alan Richardson spearheaded their attack last season suggests they need a decent bowler...need to sack Styris first, mind...