• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season 2006

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
White smashed 46 off 16 balls and took 3/8 today in the 20/20 final for all those interested (probably noone) :laugh:

Autobahn

State 12th Man
I dunno maybe somerset are stacking the ranks with bits and pieces players in order to win some one day and 20/20 silverware

Langeveldt

Soutie
marc71178 said:
Yes, so suddenly some bloke scores 150 against a weak attack and is hailed the next star of the middle order...
Someone like Michael Vaughan would never have got a look in with the Yorkshire team averaging 25-30 as he did, so probably wouldn't have found a future in cricket.. Instead there would have been full of Kolpakkers who could average 55 with the bat but couldn't captain England to an ashes victory! It's a welcome move by the ECB,

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Well looks like Symonds wont be returning to OT next season, word on the street is that unless someone special comes up Lancs will just go in with one overseas player next season. Which would be a good move in my opinion, hopefully Marsho will get more chances

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
Well looks like Symonds wont be returning to OT next season, word on the street is that unless someone special comes up Lancs will just go in with one overseas player next season. Which would be a good move in my opinion, hopefully Marsho will get more chances
well i haven't been to OT in a few weeks but where did you hear that dave?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
We've also signed Charl Willoughby.. Bleugh.. I still hold hope of playing for them one day if this is the competition!
Willoughby evidently hasn't learnt from his namesake... Langeveldt had his career wrecked playing at that pathetic excuse for a ground... if you want to make a bad career move as a bowler... sign for Somerset.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Richard said:
Willoughby evidently hasn't learnt from his namesake... Langeveldt had his career wrecked playing at that pathetic excuse for a ground... if you want to make a bad career move as a bowler... sign for Somerset.
Whats so wrong with Langeveldt's career? Better get used to playing on "pathetic excuses for grounds", because Taunton is like pretty much every ground that will hose the WC2007

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Richard said:
Nixon McLean wasn't too bad from memory, though I never followed his Somerset stint closely.

Autobahn

State 12th Man
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Nixon McLean wasn't too bad from memory, though I never followed his Somerset stint closely.
Only Caddick averaged under 40 in the whole of last season and nobody else managed a five wicket haul.

I mean that makes some of the recent pakistan pitches look like a green-top!

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I think he took around 45 wickets in his first season then was distinctly average during the rest of his time in Taunton.