• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season 2006

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
140 Partnership for Spearman and Weston down a Glous.....thats exactly what they failed to do last year. They have made a pretty solid start to the game with Somerset actually and ita just good to see Gloucs. players getting decent totals to start the season off as the problem last year was no one averaged over 40

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Lancs won the toss and will bowl, Mahmood and Hogg left out

Lancashire: Chilton (capt.) Sutcliffe, Loye, Law, Horton, Sutton, Chapple, Cork, Smith, Newby, Keedy.
Hampshire: Udal (capt), Adams, Brown, Bruce, Carberry, Crawley, Ervine, Logan, Mascarenhas, Pothas (wk), Thornley.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
not surprised to see Mahmood left out, looked flat yesterday when i saw him. Won't be going down to the ground today since Lancs are bowling.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
superkingdave said:
just a shame it wasn't Cork to take the wicket :p

oh and it would have been nice if Hodge was at first slip for a celebratory huddle.
If you come to a Clarkewatch this year, I'll expect a beer for the pain you've just caused me with that little speech.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
mikeW said:
Dont know much about the Somerset team but is Cameron White likely to get many overs this season? Or was he signed purely on his batting ability?
He'll probably play as an all-rounder at five as he is at the moment until Blackwell and Cullen are both in the side, then he'll move up to three, John Francis will disappear (hopefully) and he'll bowl a bit less.

On another note, what the hell are our bowlers doing? Either that, or what the hell was Matt Wood doing when he chose to field.....come on boys, this is shocking. :dry:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
3 down now, Chapple with his second wicket.

Apparently Flintoff is available for the C&G match on the 7th may, Anderson is available for the CC match from 3-6th may but they've asked for him to be rested on the 7th ahead of the 1st test so i guess he looks odds on to play.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
superkingdave said:
3 down now, Chapple with his second wicket.

Apparently Flintoff is available for the C&G match on the 7th may, Anderson is available for the CC match from 3-6th may but they've asked for him to be rested on the 7th ahead of the 1st test so i guess he looks odds on to play.
Quite right too, Jimmeh is looking more like his old self and needs to be given a go particulary for May Test matches.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Barney Rubble said:
He'll probably play as an all-rounder at five as he is at the moment until Blackwell and Cullen are both in the side, then he'll move up to three, John Francis will disappear (hopefully) and he'll bowl a bit less.

On another note, what the hell are our bowlers doing? Either that, or what the hell was Matt Wood doing when he chose to field.....come on boys, this is shocking. :dry:
I thought he said something about how he wanted to become for Somerset what Ponting and Dravid were for Australia and India.

I'd originally thought he meant becoming a batting lynchpin, but on this evidence it seems like he just wanted to say "we'll have a bowl".

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
I thought he said something about how he wanted to become for Somerset what Ponting and Dravid were for Australia and India.

I'd originally thought he meant becoming a batting lynchpin, but on this evidence it seems like he just wanted to say "we'll have a bowl".
You can all do with listening to the ginger-haired Universitally-Challenged (1st Round) student.

He's becoming very funny indeed in a twisted sense (the best way of all)

:laugh: