• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Utter gash again. Was driving home listening to the radio (Viv again, ggrr, and an amusing stretch where they lost the feed and ended up having commentary over a phone line) and it was just a case of waiting for the wicket to fall, Strauss was scoring so slowly the pressure was just getting more and more. Cannot have Strauss in the powerplay overs....KP gone now and game over.

Selection even more diabolical I mean what Prior have to do to get dropped? and Batty ffs.

Probably going to watch the SA-Aus t20 tbh

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
There is no plan, no method, no direction and no leadership - I doubt there is a single brain cell in the England camp - and yes, another wicket to the short ball. Then again, Pietersen is not exactly the sharpest chisel in the box, so it's hardly surprising that he got suckered out.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Either this or CBeebies.
You do wonder if the Tellytubbies would do better than this lot.

EDIT
Seems there's few of us with young kids. Here's an improved Englsih oneday side.
1. Iggle Piggle (c)
2. Po
3, Big Cook
4. Little Cook
5. Josie Jump
6. Makka pakka
7. Dipsy (wk)
8. Archie
9. Charlie
10. Lola
11. The black guy from Balamory

EDIT 2
And another half-arsed dismissal while I was typing that.
Please **** off back to England asap all of you.

Last edited:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member

EDIT
Seems there's few of us with young kids. Here's an improved Englsih oneday side.
1. Iggle Piggle (c)
2. Po
3, Big Cook
4. Little Cook
5. Josie Jump
6. Makka pakka
7. Dipsy (wk)
8. Archie
9. Charlie
10. Lola

EDIT 2
Typical. You have made precisely the same mistake that the England selectors have continued to make ever since Bob Taylor retired. Whereas Dipsy might give you a few extra quick runs in the batting power play, I still think that you really need your best keeper behind the stumps, especially in the 'slog' overs.

Zebidee behind the sticks for me. Sure, he might be long in the tooth, but he's still got a spring in his step.

stumpski

International Captain
Gee these games are painful from an English pov. I know we stopped producing decent one day players about 15 years ago, but just once in a while it would be nice if some of these guys stood up and proved me wrong. Will we even make 3 figures?

That was quite prescient with two wickets down - becoming a real concern now.

FTR I think we'll make 150, but not many more.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

EDIT
1. Iggle Piggle (c)
2. Po
3, Big Cook
4. Little Cook
5. Josie Jump
6. Makka pakka
7. Dipsy (wk)
8. Archie
9. Charlie
10. Lola

EDIT 2
Typical. You have made precisely the same mistake that the England selectors have continued to make ever since Bob Taylor retired. Whereas Dipsy might give you a few extra quick runs in the batting power play, I still think that you really need your best keeper behind the stumps, especially in the 'slog' overs.

Zebidee behind the sticks for me. Sure, he might be long in the tooth, but he's still got a spring in his step.
Upsy Daisy a glaring ommission IMO

Joke performance from England