• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I would. Allow me to rephrase that. I would not have picked bits and pieces rubbish like Batty in the first place - ever.
Batty's just useless really. But i do want a spinner in ODIs, because without Patel noone in the side can do that, i just think they've picked the wrong one. So assuming that, there's no way they should drop Anderson or Broad, and three quicks is enough.

That sounds a bit confused. What i mean is, Harmison's a better option than Batty, but i still don't think he fits into England's best ODI XI.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Nice to see Castro get Ravi early this time, he should have had him in the test for nothing if it wasn't for a piece of comedy fielding from Jerome Taylor.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Gee these games are painful from an English pov. I know we stopped producing decent one day players about 15 years ago, but just once in a while it would be nice if some of these guys stood up and proved me wrong. Will we even make 3 figures?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Finally got him out with a bouncer.
Bouncy wicket, two wickets down and we have dropped the man who might have profited from such a wicket. Frankly, the entire England set-up has gone back to being an utter embarrassment, an old boys network of gin-slurping cretins sitting on their over-pampered fat behinds - and that's only the players. Don't get me started on the amateurish selection and appalling coaching network.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Batty's just useless really. But i do want a spinner in ODIs, because without Patel noone in the side can do that, i just think they've picked the wrong one. So assuming that, there's no way they should drop Anderson or Broad, and three quicks is enough.

That sounds a bit confused. What i mean is, Harmison's a better option than Batty, but i still don't think he fits into England's best ODI XI.
I'm struggling to think of more than four of the current England XI that would get into ANY of the other top 8 cricketing nations' one-day sides, let alone Australia or South Africa. Half of them would struggle to get into the Bangladesh side.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
England has to start looking beyond Andrew Flintoff and Harmison. Too much baggage of the past. Flintoff's performances since the Ashes 2005 have not been anywhere near World Class, and yet he is persisted with.

Drop Owaste Shah and bring in Ian Bell.
So you never watched him bowl in Pakistan in 05 (don't throw stats back at me, he bowled amazingly)? His all-round performances in India in 06? His bowling in his second test back last summer? His performances in the one-day series against South Africa ;ast year? In general, sure, Freddie has struggled, but it ****s me when people say he ain't performed since the Ashes, especially when they are a joke like you

It won't have much impact if you have guys with the necessary character like Duncan Fletcher involved, but how often has England had proper strong, stubborn individuals like him picking the side?

With the selectors now they don't seem to have any character, conviction, consistency or pretty much anything useful.
I think if anything the selectors are influenced by the media who are influenced by geography. So it's indirectly Londoncentric but not selection on those terms per se.

Did you miss the point of my statement? Guess you did. It was nothing to do with math. There were no calculations to be made. Dyson was just looking in the wrong column............Not sure what you're on about anyway. Have criticised the WI plenty.
Meh, you said it was because of poor eyesight, I was only pulling your leg anyhow :p

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm struggling to think of more than four of the current England XI that would get into ANY of the other top 8 cricketing nations' one-day sides, let alone Australia or South Africa. Half of them would struggle to get into the Bangladesh side.
Who are the four? Flintoff, Pietersen....who else? I am a big fan of Broad as a OD bowler, is he one?