• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm at work not really watching the debacle unfold (do debacles unfold?) but was disappointed to read this

Sure enough, Hawkeye suggests that was a poor decision. Never mind, no referrals, spilt milk etc ... as a certain Sky and Cricinfo pundit might put it, "Staart the ca-ar!"

18.5 Bravo to Collingwood, OUT, massive appeal, looked to be swinging late, and potentially down the leg-side, but very full indeed. Bucknor ponders for an age, which is always a worry for the batsman, and sure enough, up goes the finger!

I thought Bucknor had retired? I'm not going to pretend that we'd be winning this game if it wasn't for his umpiring but boy, is he poor.

stumpski

International Captain
Retired from Tests I believe, but I think he has one or two more ODIs to officiate. I like the guy, but his best days are behind him for sure.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
1. Mr Pontipine (c)
2. Mrs Pontipine
3. Pontipine child (male)
4. Pontipine child (male)
5. Pontipine child (male)
6. Pontipine child (male)
7. Makka Pakka (w)
8. Pontipine child (female)
9. Pontipine child (female)
10. Pontipine child (female)
11. Pontipine child (female)

What the Pontipines lack in height they make up for in shrewdness and resourcefulness.

As for Makka Pakka behind the stumps, I know I'm going to get slated for this but he will improve given time, and he makes the team as a pure batsman anyway. His dibbly-dobbly swingers will use up some of the middle overs too. However it's a shame to miss out on his ball-polishing skills at gully.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I turned over after that run of 3 maidens, and watched one over of South Africa v Australia.

Predictably, the Aussies lost 3 wickets in the one over I saw. For their sake, I've turned back to the Windies v Donkeys.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Prior can't even get junk runs...has to go...undoubtedly won't...on the verge of writing an incredibly angry email to the ecb, but they really aren't worth it. ************************************

Penguinissimo

U19 12th Man
Pleased to see this thread has become as silly as the cricket.

Do you know the worrying thing? With a couple of exceptions (Prior, Batty) this is England best ODI XI, right here.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Messenger said:
Martyn says (16:52):
stuart broad to ton up and save the day
John Putman says (16:52):
we'll see
Martyn says (16:55):
broad out
John Putman says (16:55):
we didn't see

Nibbles

Cricket Spectator
I havnt seen a great deal of this innings so far (was on the train) but what i have seen it doesnt seem like the bowling/fielding has been pretty damn good. Hell id go as far as saying that the West Indies are a better fielding team than almost any other!