• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

ozone

First Class Debutant
Heart says COME ON ENGLAND.

Head says we can't really win this. 5 wickets in 23 overs is a huge ask, especially with a bowler playing in his first test match bowling. Anyone who reckons WI are still going to win this is either completely deluded or trolling on an epic scale.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Any seamer bowling now should be bowling into rather than accross the batsman and aiming for at least 3 Yorkers per over.

Or better, spinners should be on at both ends.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Heart says COME ON ENGLAND.

Head says we can't really win this. 5 wickets in 23 overs is a huge ask, especially with a bowler playing in his first test match bowling. Anyone who reckons WI are still going to win this is either completely deluded or trolling on an epic scale.
Bingo.

Wide for Amjad now; had been decent-ish over til then. Needs to bring one back into Hinds.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Alec Stewart reckoned WI might pay for wasting a referral... and he might just've been right.

(This was at Tea when they still had 1 left)

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is one of those wanker-matches that always does just enough to keep you interested but will inevitably not work out.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This is one of those wanker-matches that always does just enough to keep you interested but will inevitably not work out.
Reckon it's gonna be a thriller whichever way it goes now.

We can certainly win this. Whether we're good enough to remains to be seen.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Bet the West Indian players are loving Devon Smith at the minute, he threw a referral away with a crap shot. 1 more wicket and the gate's opened.

pskov

International 12th Man
Hmm, rueing running out of referrals there
Their own fault for wasting everybody's time with the two decisions they did refer. Just as umpires are still learning the system, so are the players. I think they'll pretty quickly realise that unless it's a catch and they know they didn't hit it or an lbw and they know they did, it's not worth referring it.

Rebecca

School Boy/Girl Captain
I'm giving Anderson the prize for most improved player. I don't think he could've tried harder this series and when you take into account that he's had a bad tum, I think he's done really well. He's had a lot more fight about him and suddenly I feel I can take him seriously as a front line bowler.