• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in West Indies 2015

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, I enjoyed the cricket tonight, it was decent.

England are on top and comfortably so. I actually think we can get a lead of about 150 here, though they don't call me an eternal optimist for nothing.

Love the West Indies timezone, it's perfect for us. I don't think there is a better one.

Draw is obviously a possible result but I fancy us.

Only the weather will stop us from winning, in fact, IMO, despite the brainless wickets we've given away this evening.

Nonetheless, one must not disrespect the Windies. They aren't rolling over, and well, why would they. They are one of the true big three in cricket nations along with us and the Aussies.

Excellent innings from Root. Can't stress that enough. He's the new Cook, and Cook is probably the world's best batsman since Lara.

I really missed test cricket. Good to have it back.

Shame about Moeen's performance in the game so far. I wonder if we might have been better having him miss this series altogether.

Another disappointment thus far is Stokes. Guy has talent no doubt but he also has a ton of work to do.

Can we dare to believe that Trott and Cook getting reasonable scores today may result in them getting a few more?

Umpteen times now it feels like I've been convinced Cook is en route to that ton though. And it hasn't materialised.

Nevermind.

Time is on his side. He will rise again. Of that, I am sure.
Fantastic stuff. I agree that cricket needs a strong West Indies to claim its rightful place with the other Big Two nations you mentioned.

I share your frustrations re Cook. I feel the same about our own Shaun Marsh - we all know he's the new Allan Border, he just hasn't quite produced yet.

Burgey

I suppose the ****ing short arsed numpty who holds those records never went through a bad patch either did he. He certainly didn't suck so much circa 04-06 that people actually thought he was finished.

You're a buffoon
Yessssss. The long awaited return of Buffoons Anonymous. Been years in the making.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Fantastic stuff. I agree that cricket needs a strong West Indies to claim its rightful place with the other Big Two nations you mentioned.

I share your frustrations re Cook. I feel the same about our own Shaun Marsh - we all know he's the new Allan Border, he just hasn't quite produced yet.
Reminds me of our young Shane Watson. Still waiting for that break out innings.

Burgey

Yes, the New Keith Miller just needs that one break out dig and he'll be on his way. So much potential.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Are there any highlights of this tour on UK domestic TV?

It is ridiculous. I live in the Caribbean and this Test is on throughout the week while I am at work and I cant find any highlights on local Trinidad TV in the evening. I want to want to watch the highlights but also cant find on UK TV either.

Last edited:

Burgey

Goughy, please check the "Question you'd like to ask another member" thread in OT if you've time.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Best comparison is the Merv Hughes "tickets please" send off.

I don't like send offs, but you criticise this one while secretly really enjoying it. Sort of like a school teacher telling off a kid for being a smart arse to another kid, when you actually really enjoyed his gag.

OverratedSanity

Best comparison is the Merv Hughes "tickets please" send off.

I don't like send offs, but you criticise this one while secretly really enjoying it. Sort of like a school teacher telling off a kid for being a smart arse to another kid, when you actually really enjoyed his gag.
Tickets please was a retort to something the batsman said though. Not the usual ****ty unprovoked sendoff

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm fine with send-offs. Don't really see why so much gets made of them and yet you can call a bloke every name under the son all day at slip and its fine.

EDIT: Sorry that's not right, I do see why they are different to sledging in that the player is out and its cowardly whereas sledging is trying to get the batsman out etc. But still think its blown up way too much

Last edited: