• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in West Indies 2015

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Can't believe there was a discussion on recent West Indies spinners and Dave Mohammed wasn't mentioned. Shame on you Ian Bishop

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm fine with send-offs. Don't really see why so much gets made of them and yet you can call a bloke every name under the son all day at slip and its fine.

EDIT: Sorry that's not right, I do see why they are different to sledging in that the player is out and its cowardly whereas sledging is trying to get the batsman out etc. But still think its blown up way too much
Yeah my take on sledging has always been that it's fine if you're doing it to actually gain an on-field advantage by distracting a player or denting his confidence etc, but if you do it for the sake of your own ego you're just being a dick. I don't find send offs 'cowardly' as such but I don't really see how psyching out someone who's already out is going to give you an advantage, so you're pretty much always being a dick in that situation.

Sometimes players being dicks is fun to watch anyway though, like the Samuels send off in question. Pretty much agree with vic's teaching analogy.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Broad probably needs to bat 11 nowadays
Too bloody right he does. All he had to do was stay there while Root carries on at the other end. The sheer stupidity of the shot beggars belief.

Add that to the two run-outs and Stokes providing catching practice, and we really have tried our hardest to keep WI in the game.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Even TMS make fun of Broad's review. Listening on my way home and Aggers claims, 'even in the long litany of Stuart Broad reviews, that one is very much top drawer'