• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in West Indies 2015

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
wtf, you want to watch ballance over bell?
Yep. Have a thing for crabby left handers who bat in the top order (**** Chanderpaul)

Edit: I don't really like Ballance and Root aesthetically though obviously, but like them as batsmen more at the moment.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Yep. Have a thing for crabby left handers who bat in the top order (**** Chanderpaul)

Edit: I don't really like Ballance and Root aesthetically though obviously, but like them as batsmen more at the moment.
Root when he's really going for it has a very broad range of shots, can be a lot of fun to watch. Not a pretty batsman otherwise though, yeah.

Ballance... I think I've made my views known :ph34r:

Spark

Global Moderator
They really like around the wicket to Ballance. Apparently they think he falls over a bit and will chip one to midwicket. Myself, I still think you're better off angling across and getting him driving, but y'know...

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
How is Cook most overrated batsmen ever :laugh: Jesus some people are ****ing thick.
Wasn't he supposed to break all records for most runs, most centuries, most cover drives, most historically-ignorant speeches and end up with something like 20,000 test runs till about 2 years ago?

Yes, some people are really so thick that I can't imagine.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Wasn't he supposed to break all records for most runs, most centuries, most cover drives, most historically-ignorant speeches and end up with something like 20,000 test runs till about 2 years ago?
Do you actually have a point here?

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
I've got a feeling we'll see this pair bat for a quite a while in the future. Look good at the crease together; complement each other well.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

I suppose the ****ing short arsed numpty who holds those records never went through a bad patch either did he. He certainly didn't suck so much circa 04-06 that people actually thought he was finished.

You're a buffoon

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Yeah but, what's your point? He honestly was on track to break every record, not because he was better than everyone else but because he was a good young batsman with lots of test cricket ahead of him. It's gone a bit pear shaped since 2012 but no one seriously rated him anywhere near the top tier of batsmen I would think.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I suppose the ****ing short arsed numpty who holds those records never went through a bad patch either did he. He certainly didn't suck so much circa 04-06 that people actually thought he was finished.
So you still believe he will break all those records? ...Good going

I'll be really surprised if he ends up with a higher average than Graham Thorpe, or more runs than Jayawardene.

Last edited: