• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in West Indies 2015

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This has to be the best pace bowling line up for Windies right now. Still don't like Holder too much. Though he has bowled well here I would like some one more with a chance of taking truck load of wickets. The immediate solution is to have five bowlers right now including Holder.
Yeah, they just don't really have the personnel for that though.

Holder might be passable at 7 if there was a decent #8 behind him.. but if they brought in Bishoo for Blackwood then Taylor would be at 8, and a 6-8 of Ramdin, Holder, Taylor would be a far worse situation than having four bowlers.

They have some seam-bowling allrounders, but you don't really want or need four seamers in West Indian conditions.

Their best balance would probably be to have Deonarine in for Blackwood, but Deonarine's form hasn't been great for the last couple of seasons so he's not really in the frame.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
This isn't dissimilar to the first test last time we were out there. Slightly higher mid-300s score, but both less than they should have been. On that occasion, WI achieved a small first innings lead before we collapsed against Taylor and Benn.

EDIT
And there goes another one. That's 5 for 20 if my maths is up to scratch. Good effort boys. Not convinced that Broad should be batting ahead of Anderson nowadays, actually.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Honestly don't think you could realistically argue Broad to be a better batsman than someone else these days.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Really liked Holder today. Bent his back, got a bit more bounce and bite off the pitch than usual. Good to see..

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Worst WC moment for mine was definitely the Mooney catch against Zimbabwe. I don't blame Mooney for that at all but it really took a lot away from an otherwise awesome game.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I wish Roach can add that bit more pace again. Then he would be mind blowingly amazing with the experience he now has.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Shady, your mouse was extremely annoying yesterday but it's not been very noticeable today.

Dan, perhaps try plugging in a USB keyboard so your typing would be further away from the mic.