• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Mr Casson said:
You wish!!
Good batting and good test cricket. Not particularly enjoyable for a South African fan though. I have faith in the side and they wont surrender the series as easily ..

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
And your perspective on that is?
I've personally always liked seeing him come in at 3, but his form has dipped and having another right hander in the team isn't a bad thing!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
I've personally always liked seeing him come in at 3, but his form has dipped and having another right hander in the team isn't a bad thing!
I would like Butcher to earn his place back in the squad by scoring heavily in County cricket as Botham said in commentary. The probably of his return so, seems pretty tough.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Well Steyn coming back makes sense.

When all you've got in front of you is a pile of rubbish, whom do you call? The garbageman!

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Mr Casson said:
When all you've got in front of you is a pile of rubbish, whom do you call? The garbageman!
There's a nickname Dale Steyn would be happy to keep for the rest of his career! :laugh:

Dale "The Garbageman" Steyn - not quite a Malcolm "Whispering Death" Marshall, or an Allan "White Lightning" Donald, is it? Mind you he's probably a bit less intimidating than the other two.....

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Barney Rubble said:
There's a nickname Dale Steyn would be happy to keep for the rest of his career! :laugh:

Dale "The Garbageman" Steyn - not quite a Malcolm "Whispering Death" Marshall, or an Allan "White Lightning" Donald, is it? Mind you he's probably a bit less intimidating than the other two.....
He is just playing his 10th FC match and showing signs of improving. Bob Willis and Botham also reckon he has a bit of talent apart from me. Dale "the inexperienced Steyn" would be how I would term him.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Scaly piscine said:
How wide was Key's out-ball?
Not as wide as to say he was chasing it. He just had minimal feet movement and was expecting a short ball i think...so just played a drive a bit too hard and away from his body with no feet movement = caught fairly easily at first slip.