• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

Langeveldt

Soutie
benchmark00 said:
lol that would be extremely foolish to suggest flintoff is a better batter then kallis... who said that?
Not a chance, at all.. Both are extremely good, but little doubt who is best IMO

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
Not a chance, at all.. Both (Kallis & Flintoff) are extremely good, but little doubt who is best IMO
I don't think there was ever much doubt about which is the better batsman - there are reasons why Kallis is number 2 in the PWC. Comparing them them as allrounders is harder nowadays, but that's another matter

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
KEY TOOK AN ATHLETIC, DIVING CATCH!!!

Well, now I've seen everything.

Edit: And now he's just made a diving stop. Jonty Rhodes is but a distant memory now...

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Samuel_Vimes said:
*notes the minor matter of a target in the region of 500*
I think they'll bat a bit beyond that considering what happened in the last Test. I noticed Strauss top-scored for the 5th innings straight for England. As for the batting overall - I think Bangladesh U19 would be disgusted with such a score.

Son Of Coco

Goodness me, England capitulated. I just saw the First Innings score. *Nostrodamus mode* I predict trouble ahead!

Scaly piscine

tooextracool said:
im suprised that not one person has brought up vaughans run scoring, or lack of it. captain or not, scores of 12,3,33,12,66,10,15,18,10,11 are simply not good enough.
Scaly_piscine said:
Vaughan does his usual performance of getting out to a 'good ball' just as he scrapes past double figures.
And after seeing the dismissal, it was a fairly standard delivery that did absolutely nothing.

Scaly piscine

The Baconator said:
did anyone see the shocker against dippenaar?

standard outside edge to keeper, big noise ,not given
Was it Harper's call? (not taking any interest in this game til England actually put a modicum of effort into their batting)

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
The Baconator said:
did anyone see the shocker against dippenaar?

standard outside edge to keeper, big noise ,not given
I saw it; I'm still picking pieces of my jaw off the floor.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Scaly piscine said:
I think they'll bat a bit beyond that considering what happened in the last Test. I noticed Strauss top-scored for the 5th innings straight for England. As for the batting overall - I think Bangladesh U19 would be disgusted with such a score.
Didn't Bangladesh U19s win the WC?

duffer

Scaly piscine said:
Was it Harper's call?

Yeah, poor old Darrel received a bit of a grilling from Nass and Botham afterwards too. Not a test match standard umpire in my opinion.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
duffer said:
Yeah, poor old Darrel received a bit of a grilling from Nass and Botham afterwards too. Not a test match standard umpire in my opinion.
If you didn't hear it, you had to see it...