• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Langeveldt said:
YEah!, Langeveldt has two!!

Why does he have to miss the rest of the series? He can bowl?!
I was thinking the same, thing, this is the first ive seen of him, he's a gun!! i think maybe the batting could cause problems so in effect SA would only have 10 batters... get a hand guard or something! lol... Go south africa go

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
benchmark00 said:
I was thinking the same, thing, this is the first ive seen of him, he's a gun!! i think maybe the batting could cause problems so in effect SA would only have 10 batters... get a hand guard or something! lol... Go south africa go

They bat down to Number 9 anyway. Boje is a better batter than Amla, so they could carry him. If he is looking dangerous on that dead pitch, why not!

benchmark00

Mister Wright said:
They bat down to Number 9 anyway. Boje is a better batter than Amla, so they could carry him. If he is looking dangerous on that dead pitch, why not!
Hmm maybe but it is a big risk, there could be a situation where south africa need something like 30 runs for the last wicket and he simply couldnt do it.. very big risk

Marius

International Debutant
Mister Wright said:
Boje a better batsman than Amla...

I don't think so

Marius

International Debutant
Mister Wright said:
Boje better than Amla...
I don't think so

Mister Wright

Marius said:
Boje a better batsman than Amla...

I don't think so
Did, you watch the first innings? Infact, Boje looked the second best batsman, he was the most attacking and looked more assured than the others.

benchmark00

LANGEVELDT!!!! got him!!!!!... english commentators near tears!!! hussein sounds depressed... Jones gone!

benchmark00

tooextracool said:
and to think there was one person who actually said that he was a better batsman than kallis.....
lol that would be extremely foolish to suggest flintoff is a better batter then kallis... who said that?

duffer

He's out for the rest of the seires as well. Heh, at least Steyn improves the scoring rates of the matches. :)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Hell Yeah!!.. Langeveldt is koening (king!).. He can't miss the series, we can bat with 10 no?..

Im quite happy with my username decision, made 2.5 years ago!

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
duffer said:
He's (Langeveldt) out for the rest of the seires as well. Heh, at least Steyn improves the scoring rates of the matches. :)
How come Langeveldt's out for the next 2 tests?

Anyway, well done SA. English complacency really has come home to roost big time. It's hard to see them coming back from this.

Langeveldt

Soutie
wpdavid said:
How come Langeveldt's out for the next 2 tests?

Anyway, well done SA. English complacency really has come home to roost big time. It's hard to see them coming back from this.
Broken bone in his left hand after being hit by Flintoff.. Doesn't seem to have affected his bowling (which he is in the team for?), and he can stop a ball