• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fair play to Fred. Deserved his four wickets. :)

Harmy's form (or lack of it) now starting to become cause for bit of concern. Great 1st over (or 1st 5 balls of it), but his last to Boje was loada tripe. Short, wide & begging to be hit.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Pah, time for fat man Freddie to get some of his own medicine methinks...

Shame we don't have "the pain" Steyn to dish it out!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I hate to see this... especially with bowlers...

Captaincy and selection not meeting eye to eye.

Langeveldt was picked in the team. Correct me if Im wrong but isnt he a genuine swing bowler? Hence, he should have the new ball over Ntini who, despite being a good bowler, doesnt really make the batsman play enough with the new ball, and also doesnt need the new ball to be effective.

Smith is either having a bat piece of captaincy, or he doesnt rate the selection of Charl Langeveldt.

Langeveldt

Soutie
SpaceMonkey said:
dont you mean "the boundry" Steyn? :D
:laugh:
Nah, otherwise I would have said that..

Lang should have had the new ball, yeah.. And is Ntini's place actually a safe one? (colour of skin notwithstanding)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Langeveldt said:

Lang should have had the new ball, yeah.. And is Ntini's place actually a safe one? (colour of skin notwithstanding)
Is that the sound of a can of worms being opened I hear? :D

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Langeveldt said:

Ntini will never get dropped. Basically cos of the quota system. Unless you have a half decent black / asian bowler waiting in the wings to take his place. That or you have to bring Tsolekile back. 8-)