• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jono said:
One teamed bowl quite well, the other bowled pies.

Take your pick.
Gotta give a bit of credit to Kemp tho, in Kabir Ali's last over he bowled one half-decent ball, yorker length, but Kemp smacked it straight down the ground for four. Beautiful strike.

I agree tho, Ali's last two overs were generally ar$e.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Kabir was rubbish at the end.. But Justin Kemp, where the hell have you been boy? Lovely clean hitting, not a slog in sight.. Brilliant to see..
Im just wondering if he is a relation to me (Mums side = Kemp)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Jono said:
Yeah and they got a draw against the McGrathm, Kaspa, Gillespie and Warne attack too. Did you watch that game?
Wasn't that a weather-related draw, although I seem to remember it was very closely balanced when the rain came?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Swervy said:
so we have gone from people saying if England beat SA in SA then England can be considered number 2,to now people saying that doesnt matter, its only if England compete well vs Australia.Why all this goal post moving???(I know not by you, just people in general)
It's happened so many times in the last 12 months...

First it was win in the Caribbean, then it was beat NZ, then it was beat SA, now it's beat Aus.

So if England win the Ashes, what next will people turn to?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
BoyBrumby said:
but it looks like Harmy has been given a bit of tap. Bowling well within himself too; I've seen nothing over 86mph.
To be fair to him, he made a pretty good comeback to only go for about 20 in his last 5.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
marc71178 said:
Wasn't that a weather-related draw, although I seem to remember it was very closely balanced when the rain came?
Yes, and I've never once claimed India would have won that game, but they did play well.

Again, I am not claiming India are 2nd best, but I don't think its laughable for them to be considered a challenge for that position in the test arena.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Great. Vaughan out for nowt off 6 balls. Good delivery from Pollock, but really could've been left.

Hypothetical: if he wasn't skipper would you pick him for the ODI team?

Oooo, close one for Strauss first ball; pitched just outside leg.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
BoyBrumby said:
Gotta give a bit of credit to Kemp tho, in Kabir Ali's last over he bowled one half-decent ball, yorker length, but Kemp smacked it straight down the ground for four. Beautiful strike.

I agree tho, Ali's last two overs were generally ar$e.
Oh no doubt, Kemp was awesome, absolutely awesome. But England were in a similar position last game with KP (another good hitter) and he didn't do too much damage, and neither did all of England.

Every team is going to go for it in the final 10 with wickets in hand, and usually the batting team will score more than 6 an over. But the difference between say 50-60 in the last 10 compared to 70-90 generally comes with the bowling which is served up. I'm sure KP could have destroyed SA in the last game, but he was caught, and SA bowled tight.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How the hell does Ntini bowl a left-handed batsman from where he bowls the ball? That is absolutely amazing. What a beaut! Tresco had no idea.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Jono said:
How the hell does Ntini bowl a left-handed batsman from where he bowls the ball? That is absolutely amazing. What a beaut! Tresco had no idea.
I used to think that as well; but it looks like all Ntini has to do is bring the ball back a bit, and on that angle it really opens up 'the gate'.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I'm never going to under estimate Pietersen's capacity to make me angry whenever he turns up with a cricket bat.. I say England are still in this match...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yep, good catch from Prince. Tired looking shot from Strauss. Ball wasn't really there to drive. Think carrying our batting all winter finally catching up with him.