• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

Swervy

International Captain
zinzan12 said:
India are clearly the 2nd best test side around at the moment. They are the only team that seem to be able to compete with Aust.

If England can compete really well with Aussie in the up and coming Ashes, then they can be looked at in the top two. But IMO as it stands at the moment India are no.2

so we have gone from people saying if England beat SA in SA then England can be considered number 2,to now people saying that doesnt matter, its only if England compete well vs Australia.Why all this goal post moving???(I know not by you, just people in general)

India match up well vs Australia,well better than any other team in the world at the moment.India's stengths go well vs Australia's weaknesses etc.That doesnt mean Team X cant match up well vs India though,and if that happens, that doesnt mean Team X match up well vs Australia.

So just because India have played well vs Australia and no-one else has,it doesnt mean that India have to be considered the number 2 team.England have done better against other teams,home and away for long enough now,and India havnet consistantly done anything in tests for a while now.

India's only away series win (not incl.Bang) recently was vs a not particularly strong Pakistan team 2-1...outside the subcontinent,it was 1986 vs England.That is not the performance of a number two ranked team.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Gibbs just gone for 100 exactly. Harmy did him with a slower ball.

Kemp just survived a v tight run out decision. I've only seen it since about the 35th over, but it looks like Harmy has been given a bit of tap. Bowling well within himself too; I've seen nothing over 86mph.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bowling length balls!! That's suicide @ this stage of a one-dayer! 16 off the over. :@

Kemp looks a big hitter. Beefy said in commentary he hits further than Klusener.

biased indian

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:
Bowling length balls!! That's suicide @ this stage of a one-dayer! 16 off the over. :@

Kemp looks a big hitter. Beefy said in commentary he hits further than Klusener.
Ali to Kemp, SIX, gets under it and plays in the V some 25 rows
back on at long on

that was a big one

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dunno why the commentators keep saying Kabir didn't deserve his figures because he bowled 6 good overs first up, Harmison last 5 overs were good but I don't see anyone saying he should have good figures because of it.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jesus wept. 20 off the last over!!!! Brainless bowling from Ali; far too short.

Kemp run out last ball going for second that was never on. Good, unselfish stuff. 57 off 36; great little innings.

England need 292, pretty big ask.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Maybe they are right. I heard the commentators say that Kemp is said to be able to hit the ball harder and bigger than the great Klusener. Today he showed that he could match Zulu, that's for sure.

Tremendous hitting. Good maiden 50 :)