• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* England in Pakistan 2024

sithb

Cricket Spectator
Thing about scoring so slowly is that it only takes a wicket or two to undo all the work done so far.

Pakistan need to up the scoring rate.

sithb

Cricket Spectator
Also. The fact that neither of England or Pakistan are in the running for a place in the WTC finals probably makes criticism of the multan wickets harder.

There would have been quite a lot of brickbats had Pakistan prepared a pitch like this in a must win scenario

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
One possible outcome that actually gets more likely the more I think about it is that this pitches just totally and completely dies and it turns into one of those truly horrible, unwatchable games where no one can score freely but no one can get out if they don't do anything stupid either. At least it'll be interesting to see if the unstoppable force that is England's run rate finally meets the immovable object that is a Nagpur 2012 style dead treacle strip.
I commented on this yesterday about the pitch. It looks as though there has been a bit more modicum of help for the spinners but I share the concern that it will completely die.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Leach bowling beautifully and unlucky not to have picked up both these two since lunch.

Bashir somewhat less threatening at the other end.

Groundking

International Debutant
Other than the ball Kamran just got very lucky from in the 20 minutes or so I've been watching it's not really done much.

Why are we playing on the same deck that we were? Could they really not have produced a fresh wicked couple down either side?

sithb

Cricket Spectator
It's slow spin. It's not something that should trouble the batsmen. It's not fizzing off a length and catching the batsmen out.

Pakistan batting are still looking very ordinary though.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I really like Bashir and he's so young that he can only go up from here, but I just feel like he's going to have a never ending struggle over his career with trying to pitch the ball up. Because of his height he has to really slow himself down and float it to get any loop and it just messes with his accuracy.