• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in NZ 2023

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Geeze the english will cheat to get their way won't they (going off Cricinfo :ph34r:). Root has further questions to answer.

IMG_20230217_154852.jpg

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Tbh, I would've taken this at the start of the day. NZ really need to make the most of the late afternoon session against the older pink ball if they're to stay in this though. Here's hoping these two and the hammer of the underworld can keep England out there until after the dinner break.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
These two consistently been NZ's best bats the last couple years, if they can chuck in a good partnership it's game on.

Flem274*

123/5
If Macewell smokes 140 (70) here then all is forgiven* and he can get a nice rope of 10 more tests or so (so the next 8 years of test cricket).

*not you, Gavin and Gary.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Someone wake me up in 1-100 months when NZ have fired a heap of people and started a long-overdue rebuild.

Flem274*

123/5
in a shocking turn of events, the batsman who isn't very good at FC cricket just got out cheaply in a test match.

i for one, never saw this coming. better just go lower and bring in Wellington's next worst batsman. Can't be picking that young opener who bowls some handy spin now, or that bowling allrounder who bossed the Shield last year.

Flem274*

123/5
the one good thing about radiosport was they'd open up the lines to the public to ask questions of head honchos brought in. usually it meant lots of punishing casual takes, but it also means we could theoretically ring up gavin larsen and ask him why he has a job.

sports media has shrunk a lot since the pandemic and now NZC (and NZR tbh) are getting away with a lot more on the sly than they ever used to. Justin Vaughan got slaughtered for the Bond ICL thing and then there's David White and captaincygate...but the dribble since June 2021 will go completely unchallenged.