• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in NZ 2023

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Macewell is not only gonna break the fastest ton record but also highest score by a new Zealander h8ers can suck it

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
So it's true we suck. Didn't want to believe it. I thought it could be selections, luck etc but looks like we really suck. With the bat and ball so it's hard to change it around.
Apart from technical coaching issues I think we're also mentally need some impetus.

Psychologically steady seems like the kind of bloke who if you went to him with a problem in any kind of corporate setup he'd hand you a pamphlet, make a dad joke, then take 2 weeks off to go fishing

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Anazing. Pick players who are in form, a balanced attack, and not bits and pieces' players, and the side does well. Who would've thought?

Flametree

International 12th Man
Question... is this NZ's best ever batting line-up in terms of averages?

I make it approximately : 41 + 52 + 52 + 26 + 37 + 58 + 41 + 25 + 20 + 16 +13 = 381.

I can't imagine any line-up every averaging more than that. Excluding sides that had one player with an insane averages after one or two games (eg Mathew Sinclair's or Lou Vincent's second test matches...). Yet I can think of a few teams from the past I'd back to not be 95-6 against this England attack....

thundaboult

International Debutant
Yeah there's much more to this than selections. Even the dudes being picked that ARE good are bad now. Are they quaking in their boots from the bazball thing?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Great catch from Pope.

So it's true we suck. Didn't want to believe it. I thought it could be selections, luck etc but looks like we really suck. With the bat and ball so it's hard to change it around.
This whole series has been an object lesson in the difference between a side playing with self-belief, clarity and purpose vs one that isn't. Unlike the bowling, NZ's batting that's struggling right now.... is as-good-as or better on paper than the top 6 that was very successful 2+ years ago. Personnel changes are Watling = Blundell and a struggling late-career Taylor essentially for Conway. But now we suck. Gotta look at leadership/management.

thundaboult

International Debutant
Not quite 45 ao in sa in 2013 level but this is still pretty embarrassing. Peppered in with the usual losing of tests in india and aus. Just no fight being shown.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
"Bazball, what is best in life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!”

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Time for this lot to be banned from playing the reverse sweep, feels like they’ve given a number of wickets away with that stroke. Probably doesn’t rank all that high in NZ’s current list of problems though.