• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It also makes bowling economically an incredibly difficult thing, never a good idea for the one-day game IMO. Never like a ground where batsmen can just swing in a certain direction and have a decent chance of getting six.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
FFS, Bumble's like a stuck record with his "bat first" stuff. 8-) Annoys the heck out of me, especially when there's considerable evidence that the contrary is better.

Single from the 1st ball. ITSTL that Mills gets the upwind, Martin the downwind. Whoever bowls today will need a good strong run-up.

And Mustard has a familiar flay at the 2nd ball.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Unless NZ radio is good, I'd recommend CW > it. :p

Martin starts with a dot-ball, and Cook almost run-out off the 2nd.

Jeys, this outfield at Jade Stadium is good.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Quiet so far, wonder if the usual crowd of Phlegm, KiWi, Soms et al will turn-up today?

Ground looks disappointingly empty so far too.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:laugh: That answers that one!

That's a fairly remarkable record. Can't go on much longer.

Mustard gone. Stupid shot, good catch by How. Familar situation.

Cook and Bell have another chance to show that they can do more than 27 off 10.

Only Mills' 2nd wicket of the series. :blink:

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No-ball, free-hit. Haven't seen that when I've been watching live so far this series.

Cook gets just a single.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Philip Mustard has now played 10 ODI innings, scoring 1 half-century on one of the easiest grounds to hit ever seen, and averages 16.66 in his other 9 innings.

And people are talking with apparantly totally genuine sentiment about him not merely having a very extended ODI run, but being picked as the Test wicketkeeper. :blink:

How insane and impulsive are British cricket pundits?

TBF, though, Mustard has proved me wrong. He's no next-Matthew-Prior - he's even worse. Something I honestly had thought was impossible.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Mustard's shot wasn't the best today, but he had to attack unless he wanted to be 30/0 [10], so I don't think that the intent was wrong, it was merely mis-executed.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Better from England, up to 4 an over after 8. I'm looking foward to Patel's spell because I think England will take him on.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
McCullum standing up to Mills, tres impressive. Bell wandering down the pitch often as per usual, well done to him for stopping that to a bowler of Mills' bounce and pace.

And Michael Atherton, FFS, MSP is not the best OD spinner in the country!!!!!!!!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bell is goooonnnnnnnneeeeeeeee, chipped straight to long-on. Mills gets another.

Nice catch for Flynn to start his ODI career.

One hell of a lot rests on Kevin Pieter Pietersen now. He steps in to the sound of The Killers.

Last edited: