• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

JHutch

Cricket Spectator
I agree with Richard. Collingwood does drop quite a lot of chances. Bit strange really when you think how easy he seems to find the spectacular ones.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
He just doesn't seem to be THAT good in the slips.

I can't recall him dropping a single catch in the covers, but he drops way more in the slips than I'd ever expect.

sportychic33

State 12th Man
Do any of you NZers (or anyone else) know what club cricket is like in Wellington ? I've never been abroad specifically to play cricket and need to do so before I get too old, and rather than going to Aus, like many people from the UK appear to do, may try NZ instead. Like the look of Wellington and believe there not as many big spiders there !!
Club Cricket is not too bad in Wellington, not that I play. Used to be involved with the NaeNae Cricket Club as a junior about 6 years ago and really enjoyed the environment there which I believe still exists. Best person to ask would be Heath.

Woodster

International Captain
Club Cricket is not too bad in Wellington, not that I play. Used to be involved with the NaeNae Cricket Club as a junior about 6 years ago and really enjoyed the environment there which I believe still exists. Best person to ask would be Heath.
Cheers mate, will search out Heath for a bit of advice.

Woodster

International Captain
Broad is in an excellent rhythm here. Seems to have put his running on the pitch problems out of his mind and is bowling very well.

Woodster

International Captain
What impact for Panesar today ? Vettori got very little assistance, and I don't expect MSP to be turning it a great deal either. Worth a chuck after Colly to see what happens.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shah fields in the slips... and drops too many as well from the little I've seen.

Trescothick and Flintoff are badly missed in the slips as much as with bat and ball.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, Soms, you were right.
Shocking drop from arguably England's best fielder....Bell's getting worked over at the moment though, I wouldn't be surprised if he offered another chance pretty soon.
Broad deserves that really.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
And Bell goes...not that surprised TBH, saw it coming as he seemed to struggle. Good reward for Broad whos bowled well.

Time for Sinclair to make that double century... :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Fleming leaves a straight one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bad look KiWi. :p

Bit of a sad way for Fleming's Test career at his home ground to end tho. :(

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
TBF, NZ were always unlikely. But if Sinclair and Taylor put-on 200, then we'll be worried again.