• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Oh yes, but also note that Bhajji's topspinners invariably gets more bounce than usual, and that one happened to hit a crack. I doubt Harmy would hit it everytime or even regularly to trouble the Indians.

However to repeat myself, it's a better pitch than the marble floor of SA test.
I maintain that pitch was fine too.

Precambrian

Banned
Yeah. However a sub-300 score always looks nice. I guess England will get to 320 now. Not terribly bad from Indian pov, but they could have got it nicely wrapped around 260 had Dravid taken that sitter.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah. However a sub-300 score always looks nice. I guess England will get to 320 now. Not terribly bad from Indian pov, but they could have got it nicely wrapped around 260 had Dravid taken that sitter.
Who did he drop? Must have been Prior judging by your 260 comment.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
AWTA.

Hating that this series is on Setanta here - even if you have pay TV, you have to pay an extra amount permonth for it (I think it's about $15-20).

When you're already shelling out $100 pm for Fox, I reckon that's a bit rich, especially as Setanta is a channel on Foxtel here anyway.
Yeah same. I hate the extra price, it should just come along with the package.

I'm not overly interested in this series, if it were India in England, I'd be way more excited.

I think the Australia vs India series which I found slightly dull has made me less interested in this series.

pup11

International Coach
I know with England a collapse like this always a possibilty but still England have only themselves to blame for being in such a predicament, they have batted without any flair and have been too defensive through the innings, the fact that they have let a bowler like Yuvraj singh bowl tight spells just goes onto show what kind of mindset they have been batting with so far, English batsmen always have had there problems against spin but their plan of just blocking almost everything from the spinners was never going to work as has proven to be the case.

Precambrian

Banned
Thanks. Whilst we're at it, how has Prior batted?
Impressed by the guy. I think he has the technique to survive in the subcontinent, playing with soft hands most of the time, while ensuring that strike is turned around regularly, and that run rate does not get clogged. I think he should bat even further up, say at 5, above Flintoff and Bell.

tooextracool

International Coach
Impressed by the guy. I think he has the technique to survive in the subcontinent, playing with soft hands most of the time, while ensuring that strike is turned around regularly, and that run rate does not get clogged. I think he should bat even further up, say at 5, above Flintoff and Bell.
Prior looked the part in SL last year and is a damn good player against spin which has been evident since his A tour exploits. At the moment, hes giving us a lesson in how to play on subcontinental wickets and hes only scored 1 boundary in the process. Hes an excellent player of the sweep and hes good off his pads and this automaticallly puts him in good stead against a lot of the spinners in the subcontinent. The question though has always been about his ability against the swinging and seaming ball and hes yet to fully show us that at the international level.

Last edited:

Precambrian

Banned
Prior looked the part in SL last year and is a damn good player against spin which has been evident since his A tour exploits. At the moment, hes giving us a lesson in how to play on subcontinental wickets and hes only scored 1 boundary in the process. Hes an excellent player of the sweep and hes good off his pads and this automaticallly puts him in good stead against a lot of the spinners in the subcontinent. The question though has always been about his ability against the swinging and seaming ball and hes yet to fully show us that at the international level.s and hes only scored 1 boundary in the process. Hes an excellent player of the sweep and hes good off his pads and this automaticallly puts him in good stead against a lot of the spinners in the subcontinent. The question though has always been about his ability against the swinging and seaming ball and hes yet to fully show us that at the international level.
Is it my eyes am seeing everything double in that post? :wacko: