• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I suppose the counter-argument would be that if Duckett had batted in a more traditional manner yesterday, we'd have started today at 130 for 2 and could still have been dismissed for 300 and a bit. Still immensely frustrating though.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Knight is bad but I'm actually enjoying Swann so far. Might also be a cheerleader but the guy is fun. And also gives the impression he knows what he's talking about some of the time. I'm also enjoying not having KP lowering my IQ every 1.5 seconds

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
And now the umpire is speaking to Jaiswal about running on the pitch too. Looks like the 5 run penalty really made them think about that.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Our 3 key batsmen today - Root, Duckett and Stokes all got out to really poor shots.

You can talk all you like about Bazball, being positive etc but if you don't execute your chosen shot correctly then you'll get out.

With no Ashwin and Jadeja appearing to be struggling, India were up against it a bit. It wasn't the time to be playing reverse scoops off Bumrah.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I suppose the counter-argument would be that if Duckett had batted in a more traditional manner yesterday, we'd have started today at 130 for 2 and could still have been dismissed for 300 and a bit. Still immensely frustrating though.
Seems like 300 is about the mean that you can expect from this style of play. Every innings gets to have one phase of outrageous scoring followed by odds evening out or even swinging in the opposition's favor.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Seems like 300 is about the mean that you can expect from this style of play. Every innings gets to have one phase of outrageous scoring followed by odds evening out or even swinging in the opposition's favor.
Bazball will argue that odds even themselves out anyway , no matter how you play ..You might aswell take the positive route if you don't have world class players in most positions