• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Socerer 01

International Captain
I mean he made runs in 1 game. I would play him as he seems to play these sweeps and reverse sweeps and actually tries to access different parts of the field unlike the settled idiots in our side, but its not some magic solution. He hardly bats above 5 even for Mumbai and sometims it shows. I feel Tilak has far higher ceiling and can be groomed as our next MO bat. Rinku has enough Ranji success translated to international cricket so I wont mind him being given a chance either.
this isnt true anymore, he batted at 4 in the only match for Mumbai he played this season and has been batting at 4 since the Irani Cup for 3 different teams now

you’re hyping up Rinku who bats 5 and below too in Ranji and averages 40 less than Sarfaraz. yes, Sarfaraz does averages over 100 for Mumbai lol

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think they compared this to the Dambulla test in 2015 when Mendis played that awesome knock and we were spun out by Herath. Its very similar. Bad first innings, India get enough to get a big lead without really taking the game fully away from the opposition. Opponent #3 comes in with nothing to lose, plays shots with gay abandon and times them and has the slight luck needed with balls falling away from the fielders or mi****s not going to hand, with enough support from stubborn middle and lower order bats. And when its time to chase, the opposition are so demoralized they just collapse after 1 or 2 wickets go down.

Shri

Mr. Glass
wonder if all bats are batting defensively because they got yelled at throwing wickets away in 1st innings

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
this isnt true anymore, he batted at 4 in the only match for Mumbai he played this season and has been batting at 4 since the Irani Cup for 3 different teams now

you’re hyping up Rinku who bats 5 and below too in Ranji and averages 40 less than Sarfaraz. yes, Sarfaraz does averages over 100 for Mumbai lol
Rinku bats 4 for UP when other players are not around though. Sarfraz batted there even when so many were on India or India A duty. Anyways, my point is that he alone is not gonna fix anything. The issue is with the attitude of some of the established players as well.

I mean I wont mind Shreyas and Gill being dropped for Patidar and Sarfraz if it comes to that. But it wont solve the issues we have had. The first innings batting by Gill and Shreyas was especially turgid. Even if they bat at normal pace they would have had 50 and 60 odd each and could have helped us get to 500. The bad decision to Jaddu did not help either but with that, you are then looking at some morale issues for the opponents as well and then some 75 runs lesser to chase here. Could have made all the difference.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
@mackembhoy yeah but with 100 runs to get, you gotta back these boys to do it. They have been amazing as well and its a well deserved win.

Truthfully, I dont think this means Pope and Hartley become match winning cricketers everywhere, even here in India. But much like our U team in Australia back in 2020-21, this shows players who put their hands up when the going gets tough and really commit to the team cause and plans. Stokes' trust in the kid making his debut, the backing of the way the team wanted to play, especially in the 2nd innings and ensuring our bowlers were tired out in the sun etc. is really amazing. For once, you would deserve both the moral and the real victory. :)

Last edited: