• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
I watch a fair bit of Lancashire, they're my county.

At no point have I ever thought that Tom Hartley should be in the running for a test spot.

For me, he's a white ball cricketer.
He usually keeps it pretty tight. He doesn't get much spin but due to his height can produce a bit of extra bounce. He's also a decent bat lower down the order.

I felt for him today - He was pretty brutally exposed and shouldn't have been put in that position.
I know quoting your own post is not the done thing but in this case I thinks it's forgivable.

In relation to my original post, whatever the result of this test, I will be issuing a full and grovelling apology to Mr Tom Hartley.

kevinw

International 12th Man
I was watching when Shoaib Akhtar took loads of wickets against England in 05-06 on pitches that offered nothing. Just bowled 70mph yorkers and full tosses. Take some pace off Woody!

Socerer 01

International Captain
I actually wont mind a side like this for the next game if Jaddu is indeed injured and is out of the next test.

Rohit
Jaiswal
Pattidar
Rahul
Tilak
Sarfraz
Axar
Bharat / Jurel (wk)
Ashwin
Kuldeep
Bumrah

If Rohit has the nous to use Tilak and Jaiswal as his part time options and get about 15 overs out of them in a day.
the entire setup seems reluctant to use Varma and Jaiswal for bowling. Varma has played 5 fc matches since last month and only bowled 1 over after all that

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I actually wont mind a side like this for the next game if Jaddu is indeed injured and is out of the next test.

Rohit
Jaiswal
Pattidar
Rahul
Tilak
Sarfraz
Axar
Bharat / Jurel (wk)
Ashwin
Kuldeep
Bumrah

If Rohit has the nous to use Tilak and Jaiswal as his part time options and get about 15 overs out of them in a day.
I think they are not going to drop gill and iyer so soon not before 4th test at least

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think they are not going to drop gill and iyer so soon not before 4th test at least
Yeah but its clear they got too much going on in their head plus Shreyas has not had the same freedom with his batting since his back surgery, which was one of the most important qualities of him as a batsman. That he is a free stroking guy who can take on the mediocre spinners opponents always play in India. If he is going to be a sitting duck even against them, there is no point in him playing at this level.

capt_Luffy

International Regular

Rohit
Jaiswal
Pattidar
Rahul
Tilak
Sarfraz
Axar
Bharat / Jurel (wk)
Ashwin
Kuldeep
Bumrah

I would definitely prefer Pujara over Tilak

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In fairness, he kind of looks good when you consider the rest of the Indian commentary team.
Changed my mind on Shastri lately. Shouldn't be commenting on neutral series, but his talk about dumps and yelling at that sleepy fat guy today is quite provocative.

social

which players from UP’s batting lineup are being picked for India or India A? other than Rana who moved there this season and Jurel no one else has played for either of those teams

and no even beyond that Rinku doesnt bat at 4 for UP. at least he hasnt in any fc matches since 2022 and i dont remember that happening before it either, his shtick has always been saving UP’s asses after their top order fails. his India A experience is limited to the 1 match he played few days ago and he is at the same level in Duleep Trophy to Sarfaraz. there’s no argument for having Rinku ahead of Sarfaraz other than Rinku being an ipl success
Mentioned it before but I have never seen Sarfaraz bat

The guy simply has a ridiculously good fc record

One argument against him was success at A level but he got 160 last week against the Lions and 96 in another game plus averaged 50 against SA

Eventually that should count for something

Gnske

TBF Ranji averages are extremely gracious most of the time.

Iyer averages 50 in FC and he looks like he doesn't know what a cricket ball is.