• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Spark

Global Moderator
The other point that @OverratedSanity often makes about our batting as well.. without Pant, we really do need 6 batsmen and Rohit should lighten the **** up and let Jaiswal bowl a few overs a day. I am not sure Kuldeep is gonna magically fix anything if he comes in for Jaddu as it only weakens the batting further.

I am expecting a total turner next test as these idiots will panic and this will result in a lottery. The only good thing is then they can drop Siraj and replace Jaddu with Kuldeep and a batsman, maybe Pattidar. I wont mind Tilak Verma or Rinku getting a game ahead of Gill too. But this second innings bowling and captaincy has been way too soft.
An Indore-style turner would be a horrible idea IMO. This is exactly the right pitch for India and it worked just fine; their own lack of discipline is why they're in this situation. A turner wouldn't rectify that and it would be hugely at risk of a meme Bazball 70(50) innings being the difference in teh game.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The other point that @OverratedSanity often makes about our batting as well.. without Pant, we really do need 6 batsmen and Rohit should lighten the **** up and let Jaiswal bowl a few overs a day. I am not sure Kuldeep is gonna magically fix anything if he comes in for Jaddu as it only weakens the batting further.

I am expecting a total turner next test as these idiots will panic and this will result in a lottery. The only good thing is then they can drop Siraj and replace Jaddu with Kuldeep and a batsman, maybe Pattidar. I wont mind Tilak Verma or Rinku getting a game ahead of Gill too. But this second innings bowling and captaincy has been way too soft.
Sarfaraz has scored too many runs

Needs to get picked as a spinner and then they will bat him @ 5

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
An Indore-style turner would be a horrible idea IMO. This is exactly the right pitch for India and it worked just fine; their own lack of discipline is why they're in this situation. A turner wouldn't rectify that and it would be hugely at risk of a meme Bazball 70(50) innings being the difference in teh game.
Yeah inspite of how bad we were in the first innings with the bat with about 8 wickets basically thrown away, Axar takes that catch and we are chasing about a 100 less which means we are probably winning easily.

But this sense wont be there with them when the captain himself panics so much and so visibly.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah inspite of how bad we were in the first innings with the bat with about 8 wickets basically thrown away, Axar takes that catch and we are chasing about a 100 less which means we are probably winning easily.

But this sense wont be there with them when the captain himself panics so much and so visibly.
The "dropping heads" thing has to be fixed pronto IMO. It might actually be the biggest issue with the team. Especially with key parts of the side aging and coming towards the end of their careers you have to expect some sort of adversity in the field and have to be prepared to dig it out. The fact that we can all see now for two years that they lose all intensity and energy in the field when they feel the match is getting away from them really can't happen this often for such an experienced leadership group.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Sarfaraz has scored too many runs

Needs to get picked as a spinner and then they will bat him @ 5
Sarfraz is another Samson story IMO. He could work out but we need some left handers. I think its obvous there have been many issues behind the scenes now with whatever is happening with Ishan Kishan. If we at all get Pant back and playing as he did before the injury, we can still hope but right now, the energy is just not there. Ashwin just seems like he wants to try something new every ball, something he seemed to have unlearned between 2016 and till last year. Jaddu keeps getting these random injuries. Axar is good but not great. Kuldeep can bowl and even bat decently in this format but not gonna be a match-winner. I wonder if they could have had Washy for Siraj here, that might have helped overall.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The "dropping heads" thing has to be fixed pronto IMO. It might actually be the biggest issue with the team. Especially with key parts of the side aging and coming towards the end of their careers you have to expect some sort of adversity in the field and have to be prepared to dig it out. The fact that we can all see now for two years that they lose all intensity and energy in the field when they feel the match is getting away from them really can't happen this often for such an experienced leadership group.
Honestly, I just blame Ganguly. Have never seen a board president walk in with such agenda that he always knew could cost the team. There have been far more corrupt ones running the BCCI but no one has dealt such permanent blows as Ganguly in the last 5-6 years just because Shastri once discipined him.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Sarfraz is another Samson story IMO. He could work out but we need some left handers. I think its obvous there have been many issues behind the scenes now with whatever is happening with Ishan Kishan. If we at all get Pant back and playing as he did before the injury, we can still hope but right now, the energy is just not there. Ashwin just seems like he wants to try something new every ball, something he seemed to have unlearned between 2016 and till last year. Jaddu keeps getting these random injuries. Axar is good but not great. Kuldeep can bowl and even bat decently in this format but not gonna be a match-winner. I wonder if they could have had Washy for Siraj here, that might have helped overall.
Sarfaraz isnt a Samson story lol

the dude averages 80 and is now making runs for India A too while the clowns in the main team cant make runs consistently, no excuse to not play him any longer

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Sarfaraz isnt a Samson story lol

the dude averages 80 and is now making runs for India A too while the clowns in the main team cant make runs consistently, no excuse to not play him any longer
I mean he made runs in 1 game. I would play him as he seems to play these sweeps and reverse sweeps and actually tries to access different parts of the field unlike the settled idiots in our side, but its not some magic solution. He hardly bats above 5 even for Mumbai and sometims it shows. I feel Tilak has far higher ceiling and can be groomed as our next MO bat. Rinku has enough Ranji success translated to international cricket so I wont mind him being given a chance either.

Spark

Global Moderator
I quite sincerely think that many Indian fans - not here, but elsewhere, especially on Reddit - are hugely taking Ashwin and Jadeja for granted and are just assuming that everything is going to be kind of fine after they depart. Maybe that happens but it's also quite possible that you enter a post-McWarne cycle where you suddenly struggle for a while to do what you'd always been able to bank on: 20 cheap wickets at home reliably.

Gnske

Ashwin is just bowling for intellectual stimulation now and its so low IQ to see

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India just don’t look like getting it off the square atm.

Primarily because they aren’t trying to I guess

Spark

Global Moderator
India just don’t look like getting it off the square atm.

Primarily because they aren’t trying to I guess
Pitch is completely dead. A ball that would have been a rank long hop on Day 2 kept so low and came on so slowly that Ashwin almost chopped it on trying to cut it, went about knee height at most

Gnske

Rohit should fire his pitch subcontractors after this debacle.

The BCCI writers this season have failed him

Gnske

Rohit should fire his pitch subcontractors after this debacle.

The BCCI writers this season have failed him
This being said, I think we can expect to see Nagpur pitches dealt out for the remainder of the series to control the narrative.

Kohli can be glad his stats are a PROTECTED SPECIES from this debacle