• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Are they bowling with a 120 over old ball? Seriously weak captaincy if so. Back the bloke with 400 wickets.
Well quite.

Gavaskar was ripping into Cook's captaincy on TMS earlier, and he may well have a point. If nothing else, he's made a nonsense of a selection that presumably he was involved in making in the first place. As for keeping going with a ball that's seen 120 overs, what exactly is Cook thinking?

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
A 70 odd run lead would just about do it for India.
You can see it being more than that they way it's looking out there right now.
Either way we're probably toast. India's spin twins will bowl far better on this track than our guys.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
In the lead boys, gotta keep going. If we can go to stumps today without losing another wicket and then have the pitch rolled in the morning and bat for another hour, that'd be ideal.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Stokes staring at nothing. Nice close up. Think they are mentally shot tbh.
He's probably wondering why on earth he bothered turning up today if his captain cba to bowl him. Ditto Anderson.
I'm afraid that piss poor captaincy is one of things I can't stand. However badly you're being outplayed, you should still get basic decisions right.
Ditto missed catches and stumpings of course.

Last edited:

Shady Slim

International Coach
now i'm a **** bloke but surely it would make sense for india to just bat and bat and bat and bat and bat to ensure series victory even if it is another thing that gnske would call a reason cricket will die