• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Blocky

Banned
I, for one, believe Bangladesh are gonna cause the non sub-con teams fits over the next few years. Especially if they prepare bunsens.

Buttler looking slightly more comfortable.
They won't, because most sides are able to punish their pace bowlers and don't gift wickets away to spin.

Take a look at England today, running past Jadeja - part of the reason they lost in Bangladesh is that they showed very little respect to them, hell, even after the wake up call in the first test they still didn't play a proper game against them because they felt they were entitled to win.

Bangladesh are getting better, but their pace attack and substandard batting is what stops them from being competitive in tests.

In ODI, they're extremely competitive and probably a Top 5 side.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Jesus wept what a miserable score to wake up to. Based on comments I'm guessing it's not a raging turner with par score 200?

At least if you lose the toss you can kind wait until after tea on the second day before losing the test.
Dude. It's fine. Bairstow is easing towards a century. Buttler is set and will soon start hitting sixes over cover. It's all going to be fine. Everything is going to work itself out. Everything.

*clutches knees*

*rocks back and forth*

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Jesus wept what a miserable score to wake up to. Based on comments I'm guessing it's not a raging turner with par score 200?

At least if you lose the toss you can kind wait until after tea on the second day before losing the test.
No, looking at the wicket descriptions on cricinfo most of this has been self inflicted. Hahmeed to one exception.

I know it's a good idea to wait until both sides have batted, but at this stage I think we can file the idea that winning the toss automatically wins the match. certainly when England win the toss, anyway.

EDIT
Just see Howe's response. Maybe you're right mate. 8-)

Dan_M_Bali

U19 Debutant
They won't, because most sides are able to punish their pace bowlers and don't gift wickets away to spin.

Take a look at England today, running past Jadeja - part of the reason they lost in Bangladesh is that they showed very little respect to them, hell, even after the wake up call in the first test they still didn't play a proper game against them because they felt they were entitled to win.

Bangladesh are getting better, but their pace attack and substandard batting is what stops them from being competitive in tests.

In ODI, they're extremely competitive and probably a Top 5 side.
Unlike Australia who have lost their last 10 odd games in the subcontinent playing the spinners like a ****ing flute.

:huh:

Blocky

Banned
Unlike Australia who have lost their last 10 odd games in the subcontinent playing the spinners like a ****ing flute.

:huh:
Australia have also been beaten easily at home by South Africa, they're not a good side and they have a bunch of batsmen that can only do it on flat tracks, NZ has a much better recent history in the subcontinent than they do, but Australia's bowlers would absolutely shred the Bangladeshi side, so they'd still win against them.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Still England' session despite some good bowling in the second half if they don't pick up at least another wicket. Almost 100 runs in this session for England.

91Jmay

International Coach
India's fielding so far has been a shambles. Little bit in it for pace bowlers should help us but less than 350 is game over

Blocky

Banned
Still England' session despite some good bowling in the second half if they don't pick up at least another wicket. Almost 100 runs in this session for England.
India missing Bhuvi I feel, the right sort of guy to get both these batsmen out.

Looking like the 300 is now plausible, but whether or not it's enough I'm not sure, I expect Kohli to come out and punish your attack again.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India's day so far though. If we were bowling i'd be over the moon with 5 wickets at this stage.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe, but from a horrible starting point. Still India's scorecard by a mile, with not a lot to come once one of these goes.

91Jmay

International Coach
India missing Bhuvi I feel, the right sort of guy to get both these batsmen out.

Looking like the 300 is now plausible, but whether or not it's enough I'm not sure, I expect Kohli to come out and punish your attack again.
We get Kohli in the second innings? Nice, maybe we are still in it then

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dude. It's fine. Bairstow is easing towards a century. Buttler is set and will soon start hitting sixes over cover. It's all going to be fine. Everything is going to work itself out. Everything.

*clutches knees*

*rocks back and forth*
Have you got your underpants on your head and a pencil up each nostril?

Shri

Mr. Glass
Buttler has already scored 10 runs more for England than Duckett ever would've in a test this series.

Blocky

Banned
We get Kohli in the second innings? Nice, maybe we are still in it then
You get Kohli in both innings, making Jimmy Anderson look tired, fragile and probably past his best, and Batty like a "Why in the blue blazing hell do sides continue bringing mediocre spinners in solely because it's the sub continent" selection.