• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

cnerd123

likes this
I mean, I'm not denying Ashwin's career thus far has been built on the back of spin friendly wickets and batsmen that can't play spin as much as good bowling, but he's clearly been a ridiculously good bowler in these conditions, with a few performances here and there like the last match where there wasn't as much help.

I think he'll be very mediocre in NZ, Australia, England and SA though. Will just play a sort of holding role most of the time.
Disagree about England and NZ. Agree about South Africa and Australia.
I can see why you guys think this going off his recent performances, but I disagree.

He has all the tools to be a useful 2/60 off 20 overs kinda spinner in those conditions. What has failed him recently is execution. He's a smart, hungry bowler. I think he has it in himto learn and adjust in order to bowl the way he has to in foreign conditions.

But we'll see. Maybe he never puts it all together correctly overseas.

Shri

Mr. Glass
That's exactly the point I'm making. That's why India never goes anywhere regularly, because they kill their seamers and rely on wickets that aren't good for cricket.
And NZ make terrible pitches where hacks like Baz can score triples. Your point is invalid.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Disagree about England and NZ. Agree about South Africa and Australia.
SA is actually decent for spinners (at least one venue over the course of a series). Ajmal did well in one game there, as did Harbhajan. Think Ashwin will do OK in his next visit there.

Australia and NZ are tough, but considering how **** NZ are at playing spinners, all we need to do to earn him a cheap 5-fer there is take the game into the 5th day.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You drew in NZ? Funny how your memory doesn't seem to recall your series loss here.
Ah, now you suddenly care about facts.

I think we need to invoke the "meaningful" clause here.

Last edited:

Blocky

Banned
And NZ make terrible pitches where hacks like Baz can score triples. Your point is invalid.
He only scores triples against India... because they're such a terribad bowling attack that relies on conditions that aren't fair cricket. He was reasonably crap against all other sides except India.

10 matches, 4 tons, two doubles, and a triple against India... for a guy that didn't even finish with a test average of 40.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
You drew in NZ? Funny how your memory doesn't seem to recall your series loss here.
One test. Your side wasn't even good enough to win both games against bad opponents and thats why you'll never be as good as your better, yellow clad neighbors.

Blocky

Banned
One test. Your side wasn't even good enough to win both games against bad opponents and thats why you'll never be as good as your better, yellow clad neighbors.
Don't need to win both games to win the series... just need to win one.
And at least our bowlers can get the job done in conditions other than at home, you guys should learn from us, 4 million vs 1 billion and we're still a better cricketing side.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Don't need to win both games to win the series... just need to win one.
And at least our bowlers can get the job done in conditions other than at home, you guys should learn from us, 4 million vs 1 billion and we're still a better cricketing side.
Yeah, you certainly know how to lose 3-0. Congrats.:laugh:

Blocky

Banned
Yeah, you certainly know how to lose 3-0. Congrats.:laugh:
Better than losing 5-0 like your lot tends to.
ps, we rarely play more than 2 test series, and we just beat the world #1 in a test match...

Been a long time since you guys managed that.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea im not going to like posts that feed the troll anymore

You're going to abuse him outright or humilIate him in spectacular fashion and then maybe I'll consider it

Shri

Mr. Glass
Better than losing 5-0 like your lot tends to.
ps, we rarely play more than 2 test series, and we just beat the world #1 in a test match...

Been a long time since you guys managed that.
Why? both results still mean you lost all the games. Maybe we will beat you 5-0 when you become important enough to warrant a five test series.:laugh:

And how can you beat the #1 side when you are the #1 side? Should Kohli try and beat himself? He has a girlfriend so I don't think he would need to.

Blocky

Banned
Anyway, real cricket's back on - two sides in conditions that aren't completely doctored to suit the home team in a series that means something.