• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in Australia (2 T20 & 7 ODIs)

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Man Ian Healy is a wanker. What do you expect him to say? "Catch the next one you ****"?

I don't think Heals is in any position to be insulting someone about their chosen profession...

thierry henry

International Coach
GAGF Healy and Greig. Stop making out like Watson's inability to take an absolute screamer is unacceptable and a symptom of Australia's decline.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Man Ian Healy is a wanker. What do you expect him to say? "Catch the next one you ****"?

I don't think Heals is in any position to be insulting someone about their chosen profession...
Tbf, Ian Healy was a far better international cricketer than Shame Watson is.

He reads a mean sports report too :ph34r:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain

His comments are so odd considering in the last game all they talked about was how great it was that everyone was smiling and enjoying themselves.

thierry henry

International Coach

I'm sure real-man cricketers like AB or Mark "the most mentally tough cricketer ever" Waugh would've said something like that

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think that the DRS rules are really stupid.

Why does the batting team effectively get a free referral for front foot no balls, while to bowling team has to actually risk losing a referral when they are 50/50 on a nick?

It currently makes no sense. In my opinion a no ball should be called by the umpire at the time of delivery and if it's not, it never should effect the game. No referrals should centre around them, just like the umpire does not go to the third umpire for a wide or a leg bye.

At the moment they're just slowing up the game and I agree with Tubby on this - referring a front foot no ball to the third umpire is stupid, time wasting and breaks the flow of the game.

EDIT: This is especially true for limited overs games, where each individual wicket is of less value than tests. I could see an argument made for tests, but for ODIs just fire the batsman and keep the game moving.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not since that young kid who just got dropped from the number six slot for India have so many short balls been dealt with in so ******** a fashion, only this time without it costing the batsmen their scalp.

Spark

Global Moderator
Nice shot that

Jesus Christ we've been absolutely appalling this afternoon

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
FINALLY

fitting that it should've been bowled, only way we would've got one.

Last edited: