• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in Australia (2 T20 & 7 ODIs)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Clarke is a better t20 player than Collingwood.
Collingwood's awful run of form continues, he really is an awful T20 player. If he wasn't the skipper, he'd be out of the side, nowhere near good enough.
Collie must be really asking himself some serious questions. Fair enough having a nice farewell at the world cup, but needs to pull his finger out to be worth his place in the team. At least should be batting below Morgan
It's becoming increasingly difficult to defend Colly
I think the sky is beginning to bruise on Colly's career, tbh. Looks in woeful batting touch and, for some unearthly reason, doesn't seem to trust himself to bowl much either. Using KP rather than himself was a strange call. Yes, the pitch was turning, but I back Collingwood in cutter mode to be more economical 99% of the time.

I love the bloke, but I hope he isn't selected for the WC if it's out of misguided sentiment.

Just watching highlights from last night. How good was that six from Woakes in the last over? Massive.
Clean hitter of the ball, the boy. Just not sold on his bowling.

I was filthy that Bresnan didn't try for the second run off the penultimate ball, wasn't really one there but Woakes looks a whippet and he was coming back to the danger end.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah Colly should definitely be in the side for the World Cup, providing he shows some level of form in one or two of the next 7 matches. He'll be vital in sub-continent conditions and we need some experience in our side if we're going to do well in the pressure situations. Its not as if he's too old or his reactions have gone, he's just in one of his regular form troughs - I really hope he can get out of it in this series.

Oh and I reeeally want him to get to 200 caps, even if its to the detriment of the team :p

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah ODIs have become better now. The 7 match series is still a bit silly though.

EDIT: My guess is the C9 team are doing some horribly cheesy 70s thing?

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
10 years ago you would have 80k at the MCG on a day like this. Members of this forum enjoy limited overs still, the general public don't.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I don't know much about English domestic cricket but it seems to me to be an awfully long tail for England with Yardy at 7 and Bresnan at 8 followed by Swann, Shahzad and Tremlett.

Is this a fair comment or are these two pretty good at List A cricket for their county sides?