• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in Australia (2 T20 & 7 ODIs)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
10 years ago you would have 80k at the MCG on a day like this. Members of this forum enjoy limited overs still, the general public don't.
Some members of this forum enjoy limited overs still. Others like myself see them as a waste of time and space.

howardj

International Coach
Just gives our team so much more balance with Lee at ten in the batting order. It gives the openers and all the order a licence to 'go' from the start. And mark my words, we'll need to 'go' from ball one, every innings of the World Cup. Postage stamp grounds, highway wickets. It will be on.

Watson
Haddin
Ponting
White
Clarke
Mussey
Smith
Johnson
Hauritz
Lee
Bollinger

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't know much about English domestic cricket but it seems to me to be an awfully long tail for England with Yardy at 7 and Bresnan at 8 followed by Swann, Shahzad and Tremlett.

Is this a fair comment or are these two pretty good at List A cricket for their county sides?
It's not really a long tail - all 5 of them can hold a bat. Yardy's a batting all-rounder, and Bresnan, Swann and Shahzad are bowling all-rounders. Tremlett can bat a bit too.

Spark

Global Moderator
TBH beyond a 9 you don't need to worry about batting as they're almost never going to bat anyway.

Spark

Global Moderator
True, but it gives you extra insurance, and a mental filip. An open licence, if you will.
Meh. For mine down there batting is irrelevant to me. It's a bonus but not a consideration wrt to selection IMO.

No slips already?

Fine leg up seems to be working well. Would like to see a slip though...

Last edited:

Burgey

Is Strauss playing his pull shots in Braille today? Seems he's mistiming almost all of them. Wonder if the pitch might be two-paced. He looks horrible tbh.

howardj

International Coach
Meh. For mine down there batting is irrelevant to me. It's a bonus but not a consideration wrt to selection IMO.

No slips already?
Definitely not a consideration for selection.

He needs to earn his place as a front line bowler, otherwise he's out of the squad.

Spark

Global Moderator
Wow England have been dreadful on the pull thus far.

No ball?

BIG no ball.

England riding their luck here.

Burgey

Lol.. No ball.. Lee deserves that, of all bowlers. Got so many wickets denied by no balls over the years. You would think he'd have learned by now.

Mind you, how the umpire missed that I do not know. Was a massive no ball.