• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Glenn Stiemens said:
Neil failed to mention in his report that he doesn't possess an offside shot.
Neil said:
I was dropped on 2 at slip by Glenn as I attempted to swat a ball through midwicket from two feet outside off stump, but seeing as that was the only shot I had played all day, it didn't stop me from repeating it ad infinitum.
:ph34r:

Glenn Stiemens

School Boy/Girl Captain
D'oh I should have read the report instead of skimming over it.

It was a great luck finding that cricket square - saved us from more intensity lacking county cricket.

Last edited:

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
According to Ceefax, Ian Westwood got 53 in the 2nd Warks Innings (140ao) not sure off how many balls though...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So when's the next one guys? I've got an unused helmet that I've had for roughly 5 years. I need to break it in. Mind, I've not played serious cricket for 2 years, but I feel fit and strong (and I need something to take my mind off the depression of being away from home for the majority of the next 3 years... not meaning to offend the English though... England is a fine country...):ph34r:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
no, actually...i think this was way better then a net!
a lot more fun, thats for sure, and saved us 7 quid per person!
doh, i look stupid in the group picture, hopefully Barney's is better.

ooh and about a end of august meetup..im seriously considering a short trip to come over...would be really cool!

Oli Norwell

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Langeveldt said:
Anyway it was class to meet everyone, I think Neil summed up the day fairly well during his report, and hopefully its something that will happen again.. What most impressed me is how I didn't realize I was sat next to Oli Norwell (a cricket game developer) because he looked vaguely normal.. it was also fun to recall my banning as a result of posting hard core images of a ***ual nature..

We also had a chat about e and h, and it sounded funny when we actually said it as opposed to reading it on the forum

Apart from Oli, everyone was pretty much as expected, and Mattehs ability to play in 30C heat for a couple of hours without even losening his tie was a sight to behold.. I didn't even notice any sweat patches, and he managed to bowl me.. The forums new Mr.Cool

Anna and Neil decided to leave half their stuff in my car which was nice, and will be returned when I next see them..

Anyway I hope it all happens again sooner rather than later

"because he looked vaguely normal" :laugh: - hehe so what were you expecting? Some god-like figure with a halo around him, or some mad geek with specs! I'm pleased you found out I'm neither of them... though I did enjoy the brief conversation about cricket games which sent Anna and most of the others to sleep!

Oli Norwell

Anna said:
That's a crap pic of me Oli...! :p
Hehe yeah sorry it's not the best one I've ever taken!

I took a better one of you with the other guys camera ;)

Have to say though Richard's group pic is excellent, hopefully the one with us all in is as good.

Oli Norwell

burkey_1988 said:
Anna almost looks normal amongst that lot.
Yup was a pleasant suprise! Was expecting something very different.... We all passed as normal I reckon. Though why oh why didn't I put that stupid plastic bag down for the pic :)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Oli Norwell said:
Have to say though Richard's group pic is excellent, hopefully the one with us all in is as good.
Ignoring the fact that I've chopped your feet off and I had you all staring into the sun :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Langeveldt said:
You'd have shut Richard and Pickup up, thats all I can say
Doubt it, I'd have been in the bar all day ;)

Then I'd have had an excuse for being inept when playing afterwards.