• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

PY

International Coach
I would come tomorrow but I'm at work until about 4.

Plus I'd be burning in on the train and would have no idea where to go....would be amusing as I've not played cricket properly for getting on towards two yrs.

And I tried to get involved at Queen's Park on Sunday but I've been told it's an all-ticket affair thus creating a problem?

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Right, back from surfing a bit early so I'll touch base here..

I'm picking Neil up from Taunton Station at Eightish tomorrow morning (text me when you know exactly, otherwise i'll be there at eight, in the car park at the back of the station).. Picking Anna up from J23 at about 8.30am, and we'll probably be in Birmingham at eleven ish..

If anyone else in the M5 corridor wants to come at the last minute and wants a lift then get in touch asap, bit of petrol money would be nice but otherwise I can pick you up whenever.. Looking forward to it

Langeveldt

Soutie
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I'll be in England from the 29th of this month for the most part of the next 3 years. I'll be starting in Pontefract for the first 10 days that I'm there, then I'll be heading down south to base my operations in Sussex, until moving into my accomodations at Southampton Solent University in mid-September.

I'd be really keen on some sort of meet-up, so I'd welcome contact numbers or anything of the sort. Email me please, folks.
I'm about two hours away from there, as well as a number of CW'ebbers so I'm sure that can be arranged this summer

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hey - just noticed this.

I have a job interview at 11am....but i'd love to be able to do a net and and see the afternoon's cricket.

Live about an hour's train journey from Bham so transport isn't an issue.

Would prob need some Mob Numbers though so i know where everyone is and the like.
Email/MSN = mtm_01@hotmail.com

:)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Neil Pickup said:
Any news if we can book them for the afternoon/evening?

Have persuaded Matt (Barney Rubble) to come along too. Jamee - you coming? Not far by train!
Cool, will he be along with you for a lift?

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Glenn Stiemens said:
Are you at Birmingham uni? We had our trials in the new indoor school.
I am indeed. The old school isn't quite the same....:laugh: Am starting my 2nd 1st year in September - am changing from Sport & Exercise Science to Environmental Geoscience; what are you studying there?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
How often do these things take place? As I said, Im in the UK at the end of August and would love a net then but Im guessing these meet-ups are not happening on a monthly basis :(

Matteh

Goughy said:
How often do these things take place? As I said, Im in the UK at the end of August and would love a net then but Im guessing these meet-ups are not happening on a monthly basis :(
Depends where you're going to be...

Down Devon/Somerset way, there seems to be loads of people for example..

Matteh

vic_orthdox said:
Ooooh, controversy.

So, does Tarick really have a phobia of phones?
Well he's not English which i guess has something to do with it. For example, i can speak German pretty well, but i'd never phone up a cricket net (bad example 8-)) in Germany.

PY

International Coach
Goughy said:
I'd be game for it if we had decent numbers, as I'm not working anymore this summer as of tomorrow.

Woo. :cool2:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
vic_orthdox said:
Ooooh, controversy.

So, does Tarick really have a phobia of phones?
well sorta, in holland I don't like it, but normally I do it anyways...
this has some language barrier in it...thats why I don't...Neil shouldve done it :p

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
first one back then, what a brilliant meet, pictures soonish, by oli and later by Rich...and even more later by Matt

Oli Norwell

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Yeah I really enjoyed it too! Althought bit frustrating as I couldn't bat or bowl.

Was interesting putting some faces to names, especially Mr Pickup and Langelvedt (spelling?).

I have one or two pictures that I'll upload, I'll let you know the links if they are any good.

Looking forward to next years event if there is one, great that we managed to find a cricket strip for free.

Anyway hope all you guys got back okay, me, Tarick and Wes got home fine, although I did almost get us lost.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'll give you a full report tomorrow morning. Got back at 23.10, having got up 06.20. It'll be a good laugh, I hope - the day sure was!

Plan, tentatively, is to go for another meet in late August. Possibly Worcester, Derby, Birmingham or Northampton - somewhere central again, ideally with a free square nearby!