• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hip to Square is about the pressure of fitting into society. Not seen American Psycho?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Right, i suppose i'll write this given that i have nothing better to do.

Saturday 2nd June 2007 - Birmingham
CW-ers in attendance - Matteh, Anna, Nnanden, The Baconator

I woke up 7:45, thinking i'd cycle in, only to realise that i was still drunk from last night so thought better of it. I got the 11:27 train to Birmingham instead and got to Edgbaston for about 1pm and sat watching Pothas and Crawley restore some pride to a Hampshire score of 85/4.
The plan was that Nath would arrive in Brum at 1:50 and then drop a bag off and basically arrive at the cricket about 2:30 or thereabouts with Anna. Turns out there was a delay because of something or other and they ended up not arriving until about half 4 or so.
In the meantime whilst i was casually staring into space at around 4 getting annoyed at Pothas for scoring a century, Crampton somehow finds me with no help from mobile phones etc. we went down outside the Eric Hollies and did some throwdowns because i'd been sat down far too long.
We heard a wicket go afterawhile, meaning a certain Shane Warne was coming out to bat. Me and Crampton figured we'd have time to have a couple more throwdowns, when another rawr goes up as Warne has got himself out for 0 off 2 balls. We'd managed to miss the whole thing. In the meantime the latecomers were on the opposite side of the ground and had seen the length innings in its entirety. I've been reliably informed by Nath that he blocked the first and tried to slap the second only to give an easy catch at either mid on or off.
Then the 4 of us sat and watched Pothas smack a few, see Tremlett take a fancy to Trott's bowling and have a few laughs at Nath's insistence that Tahir was no-balling ever ball, only for him to then clearly not bowl a no-ball the ball when we all looked (the next ball though, he was about 2 inches over). The teams gave up with 18 overs remaining because it was basically definitely a drawn match.
So, we went to 'the' park where a previous meetup saw some action. The square though that we used for that was fenced off with red plastic, so we made do with some DIY backyard cricket type inguinuity by using a big tree as the stumps. There was a lot of wickets and fair amount of runs, but it soon became pretty apparent that noone, especially Nath the left hander could cope with the huuge amounts of outswing i was getting with a white windball type thing. Everyone was getting decent amounts of swing in their bowling, Crampton/Anna with inwing mostly and with Nath getting it to move in, bounce, then move away. Noone really stayed batting that long, Nath generally looked solid against Anna/Crampton before usually getting out almost straight off when i came on to bowl. Anna in the meantime had perfected a special bowl which went high, disappeared into the branches and then reappeared forcing the batsman to just do anything to block it (including maybe one plumb lbw...). I easily took the most wickets, followed by Crampton i think maybe. Crampton however certainly took a wicket with the last ball of the day, bowling me after i tried to finish with a massive slog shot.
Crampton had to go due to family commitments, and the 3 of us remaining went off to the University type area (i reckon it was Selly Oak, but i can't be sure), went to Liquor Locker, a fine upstanding off license, 6 Coronas were bought and we moved on to a nearby curry house. Interesting topics of conversation arose, including throwing half a chicken at someone because Nath couldn't finish it and then following up with the massive garlic nan that got ordered, Borcich/Burke and even the dire Rodgie effort in phoning up 2UE and Ralph Lauren polo shirts. I had to leave in order to get the last train back, got a taxi, said goodbyes and the like and left them two to a fun night of Somerset CC DVDs.
Haha, perfect description.

Good man Matteh. :)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Pause at the screen you want. Press the print screen button on your keyboard. Then go to paint. Paste there which will paste a screenshot of your screen at the time.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I tried doing that and once I closed the vid program the vid-stationary disappeared from the screenshot. :huh:

Aha, hang on... you'd have been viewing it as a FLASH video, wouldn't you? Hoho, I was viewing it as an MPEG, which has copyright-protection built-in, unlike FLV player or SWF player.

Now Ize getzit I duz.