• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, the inaugural Dickinson-Walsh meeting was
, was great to meet the person I've known longer than anyone else on these forums (since before, indeed, I even joined them). To be repeated tomorrow with Pickup involved this time. Pics likely.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think I'll bring my kit along: need a net, need to take the first steps of recovery towards playing again after the broken finger...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Don't expect Craig to test your expert technique too badly... though I'll send you down a few Beamers if you so desire.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, the match today (won by Exeter CC despite my best efforts - 4-38-0 :@) saw the Pickup-Walsh net sessions, and pics were taken aplenty. Shame no vids could be done... will have to give that a bash at the next one in 10 years' time. :)

Craig

World Traveller
Well, the match today (won by Exeter CC despite my best efforts - 4-38-0 :@) saw the Pickup-Walsh net sessions, and pics were taken aplenty. Shame no vids could be done... will have to give that a bash at the next one in 10 years' time. :)
Should be added you opened the bowling and your first over went for two. And despite my slow pace (around 65km/h max, although my run up and action was a mess for somebody who hasn't bowled in a few years), Pickup had plenty of trouble trying to hit me, even bowled him. I have never seen anybody who can not literally play a ball off his pads or any shot down the leg side.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Should be added you opened the bowling and your first over went for two. And despite my slow pace (around 65km/h max, although my run up and action was a mess for somebody who hasn't bowled in a few years), Pickup had plenty of trouble trying to hit me, even bowled him. I have never seen anybody who can not literally play a ball off his pads or any shot down the leg side.
Hahaha. Neil! Seems a worse batsman than I had imagined... didn't think that was possible!

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You don't mention the two that disappeared back over your head and out of the nets...

I've never been able to hit the glance shots to balls that are on my pads: short, fine; full tosses, fine - but length and on the pads and I'm screwed.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Did you ever get the video sorted for the first meetup?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Is still lying in my camcorder under the TV TBH, will probably upload it and work on breaking it into segments sometime in the next year.

Piper

International Captain
Is still lying in my camcorder under the TV TBH, will probably upload it and work on breaking it into segments sometime in the next year.
Soooo lazy :p
Just so you know, the money hasn't cleared yet.. But thank you, thank you, thank you! :D

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Soooo lazy :p
Just so you know, the money hasn't cleared yet.. But thank you, thank you, thank you! :D
Hahaha, surely you must have thought how this would sound before you posted it? Otherwise just jeeeeez. :laugh: