• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Well I understand I can sometimes be one, yes. To accuse me of being one unfailingly, however, is inaccurate, one must say.

.... - as soon as I arranged this trip of mine I sensed something close to weary resignation about how we'd cop it from *certain areas*
Look, you cannot judge whether you are a depressive and joyless gimp objectively. So you cannot say whether you are being accused accurately or not.

Secondly, your trying to explain me referring to what Neil said when you could have just not taken it as seriously.

Thirdly, it is a general bit of fun. You being uptight over it and saying it comes from certain quarters is again pretty dire. Any one can do it. It was just FUN!

Absolutely stupid.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Look, you cannot judge whether you are a depressive and joyless gimp objectively. So you cannot say whether you are being accused accurately or not.
I'm actually rather better-placed to judge it than anyone else on here, thanks very much. :dry:
Secondly, your trying to explain me referring to what Neil said when you could have just not taken it as seriously.
I WASN'T TAKING IT SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!! I tried to phrase that sentence as obviously jokey as I could!
Thirdly, it is a general bit of fun. You being uptight over it and saying it comes from certain quarters is again pretty dire. Any one can do it. It was just FUN!

Absolutely stupid.
Anyone can do it, but it's pretty predictable who will. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just, well, as I say, something I was pretty sure would happen and did. Anyway, as I said (and you excluded from those particular quotes), I'm not really that uptight about it, and can't believe how yet again something has been blown out of proportion (need Rich H or DB with that pic of the teacup-storm again...)

Can we please let this be the end of it?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
In the video you sound exactly like someone i know at Uni who's from Somerset, right down to some of the idioms of the region.
Well I assure you, I don't have a Somerset accent and that sound quality isn't the greatest.

You'll see for yourself again in a week's time.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I'm actually rather better-placed to judge it than anyone else on here, thanks very much. :dry:
You are in not in an objective position to say it is inaccurate. Your approach is not a logical stem to counter the given point.

I WASN'T TAKING IT SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!! I tried to phrase that sentence as obviously jokey as I could!
You didn't.

Anyone can do it, but it's pretty predictable who will. There's nothing wrong with that
It is because you express a big deal by your hyperbole. cop it from certain quarters. What victims!

(need Rich H or DB with that pic of the teacup-storm again...)
Your reactions of hyperbole were very much unwarranted.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You are in not in an objective position to say it is inaccurate. Your approach is not a logical stem to counter the given point.
I'm really not going to bother arguing this.
You didn't.
Evidently not, but I tried.
cop it from certain quarters. What victims!
I was certain that various people would say what has been said. I don't see how I could phrase it any differently.
Your reactions of hyperbole were very much unwarranted.
If they'd been hyperbolic, yes, they would have been unwarranted. However, they weren't, and I'm trying to get across that fact, and, so far, still failing.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Evidently not, but I tried.
Not really I am sorry to say.

I was certain that various people would say what has been said. I don't see how I could phrase it any differently.

If they'd been hyperbolic, yes, they would have been unwarranted. However, they weren't, and I'm trying to get across that fact, and, so far, still failing.
It was hyperbolic by your remarks - whether you take the copping it from certain quarters, 8 year old or whatever. , the banging of head, the 8 year old, yada yada. They were definitely unwarranted.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
OK - I accept that my comments could have seemed OTT. I apologise for allowing any semblence of said supposition.

That enough?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This thread's more of a OT thread in CC, TBH.

Arguments can occur anywhere and anytime when I'm around. (And, TBF, several other people - Rodgie, for instance)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well fellaz, I regret to say that I'm off for the 25th, I've just been diagnosed with a doubly-fractured metacarpus which means I can't drive until it's mended as I can't grip the steering-wheel powerfully enough.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
oooh. More drama. I am going to make a Bollywood movie out of this definitely. Has love, tragedy.... not a big plot but when has it stopped a Bollywood movie from being hit.