• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
:wallbash: is about all I've got to say. I did wonder if this would ensue when I arranged this trip, but thought this place was full of 14-22-year-olds, not 8-year-olds.

Evidently I was wrong. :dry:
There is nothing wrong with a bit of fun. :mellow: Chilllllllllllll.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There is nothing wrong with a bit of fun. :mellow: Chilllllllllllll.
It's just that it's, well... what I tend to think of as 8-year-old bit-of-fun, TBH.

Annnnnnnnnnyway... just re-viewed the vid(s) I took now, and am seriously thinking twice about posting them TBH.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's just that it's, well... what I tend to think of as 8-year-old bit-of-fun, TBH.

Annnnnnnnnnyway... just re-viewed the vid(s) I took now, and am seriously thinking twice about posting them TBH.
8-year-old fun is one of the most important things you can do with your life.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Okay, you wont tolerate any thing said to Piper, even while having fun and start banging your head, calling people 8 year olds. Yet, there is nothing between you to. Riiiight.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Okay, you wont tolerate any thing said to Piper, even while having fun and start banging your head, calling people 8 year olds. Yet, there is nothing between you to. Riiiight.
Was more referring to stuff said at me, TBH.

I wasn't calling people 8-year-olds, merely pointing-out that I'd sort of expected some of the stick I(\we) have got here. But, well, I honestly cannot believe I'm reading a "we're just friends" post. As I say, I feel like I'm watching either a) EastEnders (which I ceased to do years ago) or b) Byker Grove, with the latter much the likely.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Was more referring to stuff said at me, TBH.

I wasn't calling people 8-year-olds, merely pointing-out that I'd sort of expected some of the stick I(\we) have got here. But, well, I honestly cannot believe I'm reading a "we're just friends" post. As I say, I feel like I'm watching either a) EastEnders (which I ceased to do years ago) or b) Byker Grove, with the latter much the likely.
Yes, I meant the same, like you meant the same when you said:

Richard said:
but thought this place was full of 14-22-year-olds, not 8-year-olds.
If you find it unebelievable - the exchanges which were fun, you need to understand that you are indeed a bit of a depressive and joyless gimp.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well I understand I can sometimes be one, yes. To accuse me of being one unfailingly, however, is inaccurate, one must say.

Look, I've probably come accross as a bit more uptight here than I actually am. It does mildly amuse me that I'm having to read "we're just friends" posts but as I say - as soon as I arranged this trip of mine I sensed something close to weary resignation about how we'd cop it from *certain areas* (no, that's not aimed particularly at you)... and Fiery hasn't even got hold of this latest nugget. :dry:

Anyway - as I say, rest assured I'm not that uptight about it. I'm posting this with a cynical :), rather than a :furious:, look on my face.

I hoped the :dry: rather than a Rolleyes emotiocon accurately summed-up my feelings. Evidently it didn't.

Last edited:

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As a punishment for being picked-up by me, I'm sorely tempted to subject the lot of you to B*Witched for the journey from New Street to Edgbaston.
If you did that, i'd have to paint the inside of the car in red...