• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh Tour of Pakistan- Test Series

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pakistan cricket absolutely sucks these days, as a fan and as a spectator. The home series loss to England felt like a low, then we were casually swept aside by Afghanistan at the World Cup. Now Bangladesh have thoroughly outclassed us, in every department, in a home test. Can't help but think Pakistan's cricket is headed in WI's direction. There's been nothing to celebrate in 3 years.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How embarrassing for Pakistan.

Firstly, whatever Ramiz Raja had done to the Rawalpindi pitch has clearly permanently removed whatever pace and bounce it had during exile and the 2021 SA match. Secondly, they obviously misread the conditions badly. The pitch was never super green or damp, so it mystifies me how they thought they could get away without a spinner.

England is going to absolutely steamroll them (again) if this is the level resilience they show batting-wise. Like they did at Sydney, yeah the bowling might have been a bit challenging, but when the pressure was on they folded like a pack of cards. As for their bowling, I don't think it's that bad on paper. But with Shaheen stuck at bowling half-rat and Naseem not quite as quick as he might be, it's ordinary in practice. Not bad, but lacking in any kind of spark.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
How embarrassing for Pakistan.

Firstly, whatever Ramiz Raja had done to the Rawalpindi pitch has clearly permanently removed whatever pace and bounce it had during exile and the 2021 SA match. Secondly, they obviously misread the conditions badly. The pitch was never super green or damp, so it mystifies me how they thought they could get away without a spinner.

England is going to absolutely steamroll them (again) if this is the level resilience they show batting-wise. Like they did at Sydney, yeah the bowling might have been a bit challenging, but when the pressure was on they folded like a pack of cards. As for their bowling, I don't think it's that bad on paper. But with Shaheen stuck at bowling half-rat and Naseem not quite as quick as he might be, it's ordinary in practice. Not bad, but lacking in any kind of spark.
Saw a stat saying that post injury shaheen is averaging 45+ with the ball in Test cricket over something like a 24 month span. If true PAK just need to cut there losses and keep him to white ball/red ball domestic cricket until he's sorted his situation out.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
On a related note, Athar is now being derided on Deshi Facebook for claiming "there'll be people out on the street distributing sweets" and that "180 million people are glued to their TV sets". Cringey ****.
Clown. Others like Mehrab jr, Shahriar Nafees are busy who could have replaced him.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I was desperately hoping Tamim would become a permanent commentator after he retired. He was good in that one stint he had in the Sri Lanka series.
Best if it would happen but think hes gonna do only temporary appearance after full retirement

PaulLennon

U19 Debutant
Also Pakistan are still in denial of the fall of their pace stocks.

No Pak pacer has 200 test wickets since the two W's retired back in 2003.

A lot of Pak pacers had promising starts since then but then petered out.