• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh Tour of Pakistan- Test Series

govinda indian fan

U19 12th Man
Heard there is expected to rain 3 out of five days on twitter if it happens could be historic series victory for bangladesh their first against top 8 test team after their series win against understrength west Indies team in 2009🙂

sayon basak

First Class Debutant
Taskin is a far poorer and slower bowler with the red ball. If Nahid is able to bowl the way he did in the second innings it's more of a contest. I don't trust that he'll go for less than 5.5-6 an over though.
Taskin is a bit overrated by Bangladeshis, in tests specially. My guy averages 52 with the ball in matches where bowlers took took wickets @36 on average.
IMG_20240829_210029.jpg
It would be understatement to call his performance poor, even considering poor slip fielding.

Last edited:

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Taskin is a bit overrated by Bangladeshis, in tests specially. My guy averages 52 with the ball in matches where bowlers took took wickets @36 on average.
View attachment 41450
It would be understatement to call his performance poor, even considering poor slip fielding.
Honestly its more based on horrid NZ tour where he got smashed. He was dropped and improved a lot since then. Im personally would like to see him more in tests now. Theres going to be concern of him breaking down though.

sayon basak

First Class Debutant
Honestly its more based on horrid NZ tour where he got smashed. He was dropped and improved a lot since then. Im personally would like to see him more in tests now. Theres going to be concern of him breaking down though.
Yes exactly, also hope he gets more home tests to boost his average a little bit. 11 of his 13 tests are overseas.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Heard there is expected to rain 3 out of five days on twitter if it happens could be historic series victory for bangladesh their first against top 8 test team after their series win against understrength west Indies team in 2009🙂
Forecast has improved a lot. Good chance of a delayed start on days 1 and 5, but very unlikely to have any other significant losses of play.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
This is going to be like a 2-day test..

Bangladesh would have to get bowled out cheaply twice to lose this short match

The pitch looks like a greentop though.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looks like the drainage system is very bad. Probably no rain for today but hardly any play possible due wet outfield. Sucks
Get the crowd out there with sticks to spike the ground and any absorbent material at hand to mop up like they did at the Oval in 1968.

Oh hang on, there needs to be a crowd.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Some encouraging news

08:55 Local Time, 03:55 GMT, 09:25 IST: Live pictures from Rawalpindi promise a full day's play. The sun is out, all the covers have been removed and we're looking at a prompt start.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
As per my custom, I am herr to say that this is more proof that they should (have) schedule a third test match.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
They might get 3 days of play in total, which might be enough time for a result, particularly if the pitch has some assistance.