• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in New Zealand

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Why should I be mature when you're clearly ignoring the video footage? As I said, Ashraful wasn't out and neither was Bell. Ashraful's was clear as day and while Bell's was less so, it was still clear enough that it's extremely disappointing it was given.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why should I be mature when you're clearly ignoring the video footage? As I said, Ashraful wasn't out and neither was Bell. Ashraful's was clear as day and while Bell's was less so, it was still clear enough that it's extremely disappointing it was given.
I'm not ignoring it. My first thought upon seeing the dismissal was that he gloved it, and my opinion didn't change when I saw a video replay. If I seen another couple and it was clear the ball didn't touch the glove, then I'll admit I'm wrong.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I'm not ignoring it. My first thought upon seeing the dismissal was that he gloved it, and my opinion didn't change when I saw a video replay. If I seen another couple and it was clear the ball didn't touch the glove, then I'll admit I'm wrong.
I thought he gloved it on first reply. Then after about 10 replays, I realised he was absolutely nowhere near it with gloves or the bat. It clearly came off his thigh and nothing else.

Perm

Bangladesh! :(

Catches win matches boys, that's twice Fleming has been dropped and three times for Sinclair. Other than that, the batsmen are looking bloody good.

Perm

There we go.

Poor from Sinclair, he managed a 40 but was dropped three times. Again a loose drive outside off-stump in which his footwork and balance wasn't up to scatch. Disappointing for a batsman who excels in the State Championship.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Bangladesh! :(

Catches win matches boys, that's twice Fleming has been dropped and three times for Sinclair. Other than that, the batsmen are looking bloody good.
Most batsmen doing after a multitude of chances against Bangladesh.

Sinclair gone, gun for the Bangas.

Perm

Poor decision, didn't hit the bat. Getting sick of the poor umpiring in this tour, admittedly this one did favour Bangladesh, but still.

James

Cricket Web Owner
This is getting so frustrating. Yet another wrong decision with Oram being given out when he wasn't.

Can fully appreciate how the Indian members feel....

NZ should be 216/2 - Bell, Fulton and now Oram given out when they weren't.

Perm

This is getting so frustrating. Yet another wrong decision with Oram being given out when he wasn't.

Equally Mohammad Ashraful shouldn't have been given out, and would've definitely scored 400 :p

Fulton was out though, and while Bell and Oram were given out incorrectly, it's been far from one-way traffic on the tour. If Bangladesh had managed to hold catches, which they should have done, then Sinclair would've made 13 and Fleming 61. Ohwell.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever

Yea, every Test I watch gives makes me more convinced that we need a referral system. The players should be the ones who decide the outcome - though obviously NZ should win this comfortably regardless.

Perm

Oh dear, Mark Richardson using Fleming's sportsmanship to have a dig at Australia. Quite funny to hear Doully ripping into Jacob Oram though, and fully deserved too.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
I should add that Bangladesh's selection policy in dire. They pick up talented cricketers from around the place and have them compete for a place in the U19s team. If anyone performs there they get the selectors full interest and no-one else gets a look in. They rarely pick players on domestic form and those that they have done (Faisal, Alok and Tapash) have failed miserably. If you're 22 and haven't made your international debut you never will.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Yea, every Test I watch gives makes me more convinced that we need a referral system. The players should be the ones who decide the outcome - though obviously NZ should win this comfortably regardless.
Definitely, if this was against England, the reaction would be very different.

Can someone explain why neither of the umpires for this Test are on the elite panel?

Umpires NJ Llong (England) and PD Parker (Australia)

HeathDavisSpeed

Let's face it guys - the 'poor' decisions in this match - Ashraful, Bell, Oram, Fulton... if you were watching cricket 20 years ago, they would have all been accepted as out, or at least there would have been a lot more doubt over out vs not out.

Ashraful's dismissal had a loud, woody sound as the ball went past him. Unfortunately for him, the ball clipped the pad at the same time as the bat missed the ball. A decent sound, the ball deviated, the bat was near the ball at the time the noise was made. I can understand why this was given out.

Bell equally. After a few replays, the gap between ball & bat could be seen, but the ball hitting the thigh pad again made a 'woody' sound and the ball deviated. The Oram dismissal was very similar in type and before the days of snicko, hawkeye and the high-quality slow-mos we wouldn't have placed so much doubt on the umpire's decisions.

Basically, I don't blame the umpires for the mistakes in this test. They weren't as glaring as some in *that* test a couple of weeks ago. However, as more doubt is placed on the quality of umpiring decisions, that road towards using more technology becomes increasingly appealling.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Interestingly right at the moment, not one NZ batsmen (playing in this test) averages over 40 in Test Cricket and not one bowler averages less then 30.

These are the averages I normally consider to be a good player. Should those averages be changed, or is it an accurate sign on NZ Cricket?

Note - Fleming at lunch is averaging 39.96.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Interestingly right at the moment, not one NZ batsmen (playing in this test) averages over 40 in Test Cricket and not one bowler averages less then 30.

These are the averages I normally consider to be a good player. Should those averages be changed, or is it an accurate sign on NZ Cricket?

Note - Fleming at lunch is averaging 39.96.
Well, Bangladesh really can't really compete at the Test level, but the point is well taken about NZ. I don't really blame NZ batsmen, as if you're a NZ batsman, if you average 35-40, you're about 42-46 in most other countries. The bowlers should definitely be averaging a little bit less though.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well, Bangladesh really can't really compete at the Test level, but the point is well taken about NZ. I don't really blame NZ batsmen, as if you're a NZ batsman, if you average 35-40, you're about 42-46 in most other countries. The bowlers should definitely be averaging a little bit less though.
I'd agree with you though, that as far as hard and fast rules go, less than 30 with the ball and more than 40 with the bat is a good benchmark I think (though obviously you need to look at a lot more than that).