• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in New Zealand

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
O'Brien has bowled well, but **** he's ugly to watch. The sooner we get rid of him the better, he'll get slaughtered against England.

Days of Grace

International Captain
O'Brien has got some confidence here, so I for one would be interested to see what he does against England, depending on the availiability of Bond/Franklin.

Days of Grace

International Captain
B.t.w., I'm gunning for Fleming to break the world record for most number of catches in test matches. About 15 behind Mark Waugh a.t.m.

Craig

World Traveller
Bell out. Was he moving his feet or not?

Hope Fulton tons up here, make it a double one too.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Oh dear:

CricInfo said:
It was a decent passage of play for Bangladesh, boosted by the wicket of the in-form Bell. They were lucky to get rid of him though, with replays suggesting that the ball clipped the thigh on the way to the keeper.

Last edited:

Perm

Goodness, and now Fulton given out when it wasn't out. 8-)
Sounds like Mohammad Ashraful's dismissal.

Oh wait, Ashraful wasn't out, while Fulton was. :p

Tough decision, but not one that you can chuck a rolleyes at IMO.

Perm

Bell out. Was he moving his feet or not?

Hope Fulton tons up here, make it a double one too.
He was very aggressive on the short ball down in Dunedin, and that was what undid him today. Rather than play a controlled shot, he threw his bat at it. Foot movement was average.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Hit him above the knee roll and was clearly going over the top according to NZ Radio Sport.
It is weird how we are seeing so many poor umpiring decisions in the game nowadays. The common argument is that the technology has improved exposing the umpires but a lot of times recently, we have seen glaring mistakes. Don't know regarding this particular test as I am watching the Indian tour game.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Meh, what do you expect with NZ commentators? :p
Haha, I rate our NZ Radio commentators actually.

NZ Radio commentators > NZ TV commentators IMO but I think all round our commentators are fairly good. Certainly better than what our friends in South Africa have to put up with.

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
It is weird how we are seeing so many poor umpiring decisions in the game nowadays. The common argument is that the technology has improved exposing the umpires but a lot of times recently, we have seen glaring mistakes. Don't know regarding this particular test as I am watching the Indian tour game.
As the commentators said with Bell's caught behind. It took one replay to clearly see that it didn't hit glove/bat they said. We refer decisions over boundaries and they take half a dozen replays on most occasions to rule on so what's the difference, the technology can only help in situations like this.

Perm

What do you expect from a NZ-born and bred poster who wants his national side to lose? 8-)
GAGFC.

Ashraful wasn't out, Bell and Fulton were. But obviously I'm wrong because I want to see Bangladesh do well.