• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia vs Pakistan in UAE

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
He is not a test batsman. The aussie side is too much of an old boys side.
Well, that's why I don't advocate Symonds' return to the test team unless we've got no-one else of sufficient worth and Mike Hussey continues his dreadful run in Tests.

He is, however, a world-class ODI player.

As for that old boys comment, that doesn't apply that much anymore. There are three players over 30 in the Test side - Ponting, Katich and Hussey. One of those may not be there for much longer. The ODI side has four players over 30 - well, one right now.

Last summer, Hayden should have been dropped earlier. Mike Hussey doesn't deserve his spot at all, when was the last time he made some runs. And I think that Phillip Hughes deserves a ODI spot. He hit a hundred off 96 in Newcastle against Tassie. In a four dayer.
In the ODI format, Mike Hussey deserves a place. But yeah, maybe Phil Hughes is worth a try (even though he hasn't been as brilliant in the format as he has been in the longer form).

brockley

International Captain
This hype he is in the test side is a load of crap 1 innings which is a 50 and people think he should go to the ases,this is just bull****.
What about the 4/5 50's by callam ferguson so far is that chopped liver :wacko:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How stupid is that batting though. Malik isn't bowling doosras. No need to get so far outside off stump. You know where the ball will be going. Just get in the line and play a straight bat.

Must have thought it was Ajmal :dry:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sure, but if I criticise Watson (which I have the right to, and will continue to do if he tries to act tough and have a bitch at opposition players all the time), what is the point of throwing a Harbhajan or Sreesanth back at me?

And I do think 'dobbing' in a player for chucking is worse than a send-off btw. I thought it was "un-Australian" to dob others in :happy:
Looking at his action it was hardly necessary for anyone to dob him in. He was always going to be up for a trip to the review panel at some stage.

'Dobbing him in' makes it sound like no one had noticed. He hadn't stolen a lolly from the local corner shop.