• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia limited overs tour of Scotland and England 2024

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
Good win for England. Cool conditions and the ball getting a bit dewy/grubby gave us some help but showed some ticker to come back from some bad positions when our WB form isn't very good. Nice to see Livingstone do well. Think he has a lot of talent. Shame he struggles to build an innings. He actually used to be a good red ball cricketer so the ability to construct runs consistently was initially there. Just hasn't quite pulled it all together for England.

On a damper note - Sam Curran is not international class and is dining out on the 2022 WT20.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Anyway, very batted LL. And impressive from Jacob Bethell. Remember the name, as they say. A reminder, were it needed, not to write a bloke off after one appearance.

Last edited:

King Kane

International Debutant
Matt Short picking up one of the worst 5'fers of all time.

Livingstone did all the heavy lifting but dropped the billiards table at the very end.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
On a damper note - Sam Curran is not international class and is dining out on the 2022 WT20.
I mean that he’s ‘dining out’ on a player of the tournament performance at a World Cup less than two years ago somehow equates to him not being international class - maybe think about the massive contradiction? He’s not doing it at the minute when playing for England. Let’s not go overboard.

kevinw

International 12th Man
I mean that he’s ‘dining out’ on a player of the tournament performance at a World Cup less than two years ago somehow equates to him not being international class - maybe think about the massive contradiction? He’s not doing it at the minute when playing for England. Let’s not go overboard.
I don't think he should be batting above eight in this team and so it really depends whether he's one of your three best quicks - when you have Archer, Mahmood and Topley in the mix.

BazBall21

I just don't see it with Curran tbh. Never been a fan.

kevinw

International 12th Man
I just don't see it with Curran tbh. Never been a fan.
His biggest asset is his moxie, given his lack of obvious attributes as a bowler (short, not quick). He wants to be the man for the pressure situations. But when he's out of nick, with either bat or bowl, he can look really exposed.

BazBall21

His biggest asset is his moxie, given his lack of obvious attributes as a bowler (short, not quick). He wants to be the man for the pressure situations. But when he's out of nick, with either bat or bowl, he can look really exposed.
I think he has a sharp cricket brain and is very gutsy. Saw that with his death overs in 2022. But just isn't a fundamentally good bowler or batsman.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Burgey notable by his absence
Dog walking tbf then a spin class. Was giggling while watching my 4kg Moodle torn between charging at a massive bush turkey which was scratching at its nest or stand there and **** herself.
She chose the latter. Ace chose the former.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So it goes without saying that we lost this game because Ellis was unavailable. Bloody selectors. Also the dew.