• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Zimbabwe Thread

Craig

World Traveller
age_master said:
give them 30 and they would still lose by more than an innings with players like that... remember the Zimbabwe series is i\the likley return the the McGrath and Warne combo :D
Well Grant Flower is saying this tour is going to be a farce.

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
What else is he going to say. He's angry at the ZCU, but obviously what he says is probably true. But hopefully - for cricket's sake - Zimbabwe play out of their skins.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Lions81 said:
What else is he going to say. He's angry at the ZCU, but obviously what he says is probably true. But hopefully - for cricket's sake - Zimbabwe play out of their skins.

cant really see that hapening though.....

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
SquidAU said:
Even Bangladesh will give them a sound thrashing with the team they may pick......imagine what the Aussie's will do to them?
Well maybe not a thrashing, but Bangladesh now would be very competitive against Zimbabwe.

Australia though would murder Zimbabwe and very possibly set new records in the process.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Records take a while to break in Test matches. I would hope the Aussies would go for a series win 2-0 rather than some records broken.

Although, if the bowling is going to be THAT poor.....you just never know, a series win and a few records broken....

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Tony Blade said:
hehe. All I know is, records are never broken..when they are expected to be broken ^_^
except when people say "records are never broken..when they are exp...."

Craig

World Traveller
Will this be topped inside the next few days when Australia arrive.

Anyway now is a good time to re-start this thread.

EnglishRose

School Boy/Girl Captain
Got to give Macgill a lot of credit.

At least he isn't going to use this sorry excuse of a test series to enhance already inflated test averages ( as doubtless the Aussie bats will be looking to do).

Loony BoB

International Captain
I got curious after people noted that this will be a stats-boosting series for Aussie, so here's something for reference.

TESTS (Batting Average - Strike Rate / Bowling Average - Economy Rate)
*Matthew Hayden (57.48 - 63.43 / NA - 4.44)
Justin Langer (44.72 - 52.68 / NA - 3.00)
Ricky Ponting (54.71 - 57.94 / 47.5 - 2.60)
Damien Martyn (46.87 - 50.55 / 84 - 2.89)
Darren Lehmann (52.69 - 60.56 / 21.61 - 2.39)
Simon Katich (57.77 - 58.03 / 31.72 - 3.64)
+Adam Gilchrist (54.35 - 82.35)
Jason Gillespie (15.41 - 32.26 / 25.56 - 2.86)
Michael Kasprowicz (11.00 - 43.39 / 34.59 - 3.07)
Glenn McGrath (6.61 - 39.40 / 21.71 - 2.50)
Shane Warne (16.66 - 55.02 / 25.42 - 2.55)
Cameron White (26.43 - 53.09 / 34.01 - 3.44)
Brad Williams (7.66 - 56.09 / 45.11 - 2.85)

EDIT: With just a week to go before the first test, should this not become the official stickied thread? I'm not sure how things work around here. Same for that Bangladesh / Windies one... that's tomorrow!

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Absolutely unreal... What must have been going through the Aussie players minds as they met Sean Ervine going in the other direction at jan smuts airport... Sheesh what a joke...